The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That's what I like about living in north central Texas, our temperatures are often times way cooler than yours are. We have had temperatures as low as 48 in June, on June 9th in both 1955 and 1978 our low dropped to 59.
    And we have had several June days over the last 100 years that the high temperature did not get out of the 70's. I lived here through some of those days and didn't realize that someday they would be a thing of dreams.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/?n=dfw06nrm

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Our temperature today was 79 degrees. We had a quarter inch of rain around noon but it's been raining off and on since then. I didn't check the rain gauge because it's pouring right now. No thunder though!
    dooley

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 16°C and stuffy. Heavy rain in the forecast for later, we need it but I hope it stops before my daughters soccer game tonight. Off to work, have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. From upper 70s to mid 90s today and no rain. I quickly gave the containers a drink yesterday (had a meeting to attend) so hopefully that'll get them through today.
    And something ate my Hyacinth Bean Vines.... AGAIN! I'm thinking bunny. :twisted:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. We had much needed rain overnight, and looks like more today. Off to work, have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Kinda cloudy today, but doesn't look like rain... even though they give a 50% chance of the wet stuff overnight. Temps from mid 70s to mid 90s. Nice and steamy. :stew2:

7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. CUrrently 18°C and overcast. We had a bit of rain this morning. Off to work, busy day preparing the gardens for a wedding. Lots of pictures will be taken so the gardens have to look perfect! Have a great day all :)

8. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Need a little more light before I head out to the garden. The rain has let up. Maybe it will be dry today?

9. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I got about 1/8th inch of rain overnight. I could hear the rumbling off in the distance, so I guess someone got the "real" rain. Oh well... every little bit helps. There's still a 30% chance all day with temps staying the same... mid 70s to low 90s.

10. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. The wind is very cool, and I am in pants and a jacket. I slept in until almost 8am this morning!! I was very tired and needed the sleep. Housework and some gardening later, but first I have to take my daughter to a birthday party. Have a great day all :)

11. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Rained hard all night and is just now starting to clear at noontime. House work to catch up on after digging in the dirt all week. Have a great day everyone!

12. toni

Just another tequila sunrise....oh wait, that's a sad Eagles song. Let's try Goooood morning, good morning from Singing in the Rain one of my all time favorite movies.

Anyway, going to be yet another hot, muggy, dry day. Muggy because the humidity is at 74% and dry because there is not a drop of rain in our forecast for several days....and then only 20% of the area will see any.
    Our local PBS station is on week 2 of their 4 times a year monthly long pledge drive so none of the good programs are on this morning....no Growing a Greener World or Victory Garden or Daytripper or One Square mile. But you can see all the Suzie Orman, Rick Steve's Travels in Europe and taking control of your blood sugar you can stomach....which really isn't much if you have ever watched those programs any of the dozens and dozens of times they repeat them.

I have one tomato starting to change color, I think I will drag out a chair and watch it do it's thing. ;)

13. toni

Good morning all. Geesh, already 82 at 8:30 this morning with a feels like temp of 85...going into the 90's later and this rate that will most likely be the upper 90's.

We are heading down to Randy's parents house for Father's Day in a few minutes. His Mom is making Taco Soup at his Dad's request and we are taking a coconut cake for him and a lemon cake for her. Should be pleasingly stuffed by mid afternoon. Talk at you all later this evening.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there.

14. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Going to be another hot and dry day here too Toni. No real plans, just do a little house cleaning and hang around.

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning, and Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there! Currently 14°C and sunny. Got a call in the middle of the night that no parent wants to get ... my daughter was in an accident. She was only a few kilometers from home ... an erratic driver with an unsecured load passed her on the highway, speeding, sending his sofa flying out of the truck and landing right in front of her on the road. She hit it with her car, the sofa was destroyed and her car damaged. She is OK, thankfully, but the driver didn't stop. She was traumatized and doesn't want to drive again. I wonder if they were drunk? I hope KARMA takes care of this driver. Today I am feeling blessed that it didn't turn out worse.