The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

That's an awful thing to happen to a young driver. I hope she gets back in her car and drives somewhere today if only a mile or two to get back in the swing of things. I'm glad she wasn't hurt. Cars can be fixed. Girls take longer to fix and she might never get back in the car if that happened. I wouldn't like one of those calls in the night either. I hope you aren't too shaken up by it. Have a good Father's Day. Bless you and your family.

dooley

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh, Netty, how awful for your daughter, and for you! I hope that she overcomes her fear. What I hope for the other driver is not fit to post here :twisted: .
    Please let us know how she progresses.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. CUrrently 13°C and overcast. The damage to my daughters car is parts of the whole front end ... the hood, bumper fender and a little damage underneath. I guess we will see how much for the parts today ... she doesn't want to use her insurance as her rates will skyrocket. Im off to work, where I hope the predicted rain sends me home early today! Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

So sorry to hear about your daughter's accident and happy that she's okay.
    Back to work for me to get some rest and peace & quiet after having company all weekend. I do cherish my alone time!

Advertisement
  5. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

It is a mere 52 F. this morning. Feels like fall. How is a garden supposed to grow with weather like this! They are saying a better week to come. I sure hope so.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Walked my 10 minutes on the tread mill. Cut part of the jungle in the back yard. With 90 degree weather any bit of rain or water and the grass grows 6 or 8 inches overnight. Now, the front yard is growing a foot high. This will not end until frost in the fall, maybe December.

dooley

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh, Netty, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but am sooooo glad to know she is okay. I really hope she works on getting over that fear, my youngest has a friend whose car was hit by a semi-truck the first time she got on the highway while learning to drive that was almost 10 years ago and she hasn't driven a car since then.

Good morning all, almost afternoon and heading into the mid-upper 90's again today. A 20% chance that 20% of the north central Texas area might see rain on Wednesday but other than that summer has well and truly set in here. :smt074

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. The sky is glowing red so I think its safe to say we will get some rain today. Off to work, where they day will be spent trimming back Lilac's. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Temps still flirting with the mid 90s... and no rain in sight. Which means... me and the water hoses are best friends again. :stew2:

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. We had significant rain yesterday, and severe storms. There was a tornado touch down on the other side of the lake. We had a tornado warning here too, but thankfully one did not touch down. The sky did look green for a short time. Off to work, where I am sure there is a lot of branches to pick up. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Nothing new weather-wise here.... upper 70s to mid 90s and dry.
    Four day weekend coming up. I think I need to go plant shopping!

12. toni

Good morning all. Just another hot and dry one today and very windy which is not so much a good thing this time of the year, it dries out plants and the soil even more than they already are.

City is having sewer lines replaced on our block this month. Piles of dirt and large concrete chunks all along the street where they digging up and replacing the connector line across the street to our alley then they will start on the lines in our alley. Wonder if the trash pick up service is even going to bother trying to get to us today. :eek:

13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 14°C and clear. Looks like a great day ahead! My daughters class is going to the zoo today. It is her first time so she will have a great day! I'm off to work, to try to catch up on the weeds that sprouted after the recent rains. Have a great day all :)

14. toni

Good morning all. The work on our street was complete by late afternoon and now they are beginning on our alley.

Yesterday the south end of our block was completely closed off to traffic, the north end was partially blocked but the dump trucks and those of us who live on the block could come and go when a huge truck wasn't in our way. There was a sign that notified other people that the street was closed the through traffic, meaning go around you can't go any further. I counted 18 cars (those are just the ones I saw while I was piddling around in the garden) that came down the street and had to either backup all the way back or use a driveway to turn around. Okay, so some people either can't read English or simply thought they could squeeze around those two huge trucks sitting side by side in the street by driving across someone's yard..but how did they plan on getting over the 10 foot high pile of dirt that went from curb to curb????? You could see the pile of dirt from that end of the block so it wasn't like Surprise Oops there's a pile of dirt behind those trucks. :rolleyes: I got a good laugh as they drove by on their way to do what the sign told them to do in the first place.

15. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 8°C and clear. Off to work for the final time this week. I have had such a busy week and I am exhausted! No plans for the weekend so I will have time to catch up on my sleep! Have a great day all :)