The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 13°C and sunny. I slept in until 7am today, that is the best I could do. I woke up with a sore throat, so I hope I am not coming down with something. No plans today, I have some housework and gardening to do. I am just going to 'putter' the day away. Have a great day all :)

2. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Going to my local "walking garden tour" today. I have been looking forward to this all year.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. I didn't get any watering done this morning so all parts will be done tonight, nothing can wait until Wednesday with the dry, strong winds we have lately.

4. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 13°C and sunny. Quite a dog walk this morning! Bunnies and chipmunks scattering all over the yard ... I let the dog chase them. The bunnies have been busy in my veggie patch and the chipmunks are taunting the dog. We never used to have either here so I wonder where they came from? Trying to catch up on my sleep this weekend seems to be working, but today I have lots to do. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good evening all. I spent 3 hours watering the front and back gardens last night then woke up to rain. I will have to do that again when there is so slight a chance in the forecast and see if it gets me more rain.

Only 5/8th of an inch, that brings out total for June up to 1 5/8th inch and June has in the past been one of our wettest months of the year.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had a busy day! Our oldest son, wife and grandson were visiting from California. First time we saw them since 2008. Fintin was just a year old, then. Spent the day riding around so they could see "our" part of Texas. Visited the presidential museum in College Station. Had lunch and supper out with them. They will be going to Austin tomorrow. Tom has a wine conference. He is a lab supervisor at UCDavis in California. We had a good visit since Friday. They stayed in town so there was lots of coming and going. We will miss them like we missed Dan and Laurel who visited in May. Now, if our youngest son would visit we'd have seen them all this year.

Only .12 inches of rain though we got a few sprinkles on the car today.

dooley

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 12°C and cloudy. Hot and humid is in the forecast today. Off to work, where I think watering will be the focus today. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning and back to work after a long family weekend. One of my aunts passed away and her funeral was Saturday, so the weekend was spent around family.
    I did go plant shopping on Thursday and picked up a couple of things and managed to get the mowing, etc done before my sister arrived on Friday afternoon. And as she slept in yesterday, I got some watering and stuff taken care of.
    So now... it's back to work. Our temps are supposed to be from high 70s to mid 90s. But there's good chances of rain all week, which is good, because my rain barrels are empty.

9. toni

Good morning all. Another rainy morning here, rain two days in a row is almost unheard of in my area in the last 5 years ... and this year rain two days in the same month is a rarity. So far just another 1/4th inch so the gauge is now up to 3/4th of an inch. Some areas not too far south of me got 7-8 inches in a couple of hours and lots of flooding.
    Might even be more like this tomorrow morning.

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all! Currently 18°C with light rain. It is also very humid. Off to work, where the deer have re-discovered the veggie patch. So far the soap seems to be keeping them out of the tomato patch. I don't know how long that will work. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. It poured down raining here at the office yesterday afternoon. And not a drop at the house. There's a 40% chance of rain today... hope it's at the house because I didn't water yesterday.

12. toni

Good morning all. No rain this morning :'( so work has resumed on ripping up our alley to replace the sewer lines. Our phone/internet lines run under ground in the alley so they will probably be ripped up sometime today... if I disappear you will know why.

There is a chance of more rain later today guess I had better get the plants I bought yesterday in the ground this morning.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, reading the damage/flooding reports on the Dallas Morning News, I was worried about you. Sorry you didn't get more moisture, but very glad you didn't suffer the damage other areas received.
    Canned more tomatoes this morning, but because of the 3/4" of rain that we had yesterday ( :smt041 ) I can't get into the garden to pick. I dread seeing how big some of the squash will be.
    Have a happy Tuesday everyone, and if you want squash, contact me tomorrow!

14. toni

It's a shame Mother Nature doesn't know how to spread the rain around. :rolleyes: The flooding was about an hours drive south of us, but parts of Dallas County got some good rain totals just not here... 5/8ths one day and 3/8th the next day so as of now I have had an inch that got sucked into the dry ground faster than it was coming down.

Granbury had the worst of the flooding, in May of last year they got hit by an EF4 tornado. I believe I would start thinking about moving if I lived there. :eek:

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We didn't get any rain yesterday but today we got almost two inches. No flooding though. It must have just sank into the ground. I did notice the ditches were sort of full though. We weren't home. We went to Huntsville which is 35 miles south of us. No rain there. It was sunny. But, I see down by Houston and along the Gulf it's storming quite hard. I hope Cheryl gets some rain but doesn't wash away.

dooley