The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday afternoon. Dooley, it rained really hard at my office yesterday, but I got less than half an inch at home. This morning it poured down for most of my hour commute. I was sure I was going to get at least 2 inches, but there was just under an inch. At least the rain barrels are full and everything got a drink. What's extra nice is the cool temps! In the upper 70s now. :-D

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I just checked the rain gauge and there's three inches now. We went to get a sandwich for supper and it poured on us all the way home. I got soaked getting from the car to the house. Jerry sent me a super duper rain gauge. Thanks again, Jerry!

dooley

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. CUrrently 16°c and overcast. Off to work, where the rains have caused a sudden growth of weeds. My sons high school graduation is tonight. So hard to believe my little boy is graduating! Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. More rain supposedly on the way this afternoon. I could use about 1-2 more inches to make sure the ground is wet way down there.
    Darn armadillo is back and dug up a plant that I put in over the weekend. Luckily it was rainy yesterday so it didn't suffer. Guess its' time to buy more of that stinky granule stuff and sprinkle around the flower beds.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. I think its going to be a beautiful day! Off to work, another exhausting week almost over. Last day of school too so this is the last day I have to pack lunches for a while. Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I got 1.25 inches of rain yesterday. Happy garden... for a while. There's a 60% chance of rain again today. Hope the plants don't drown! :D
    Hopefully the weekend will be a little drier. I took a quick walk around yesterday evening and noticed LOTS of weeds.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! As of last evening we had 4.03 inches of rain started on Wednesday morning. It's been showering on and off all morning but just short bursts. No accumulation to speak about yet. Just .08 inches this morning. Today is the last rain in the forecast for June. July isn't a rainy month so we'll be watering again in a few days. I read that the rain Texas had the last few days have lifted the levels in quite a few lakes around the state. We sure needed that.

dooley

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Mother Nature really doesn't like my yard :rolleyes: While many places in Texas, even some very close to me, got multiple inches of rain this week, my yard got a total of 3/4th of an inch. There is a 20% chance of pop-up storms today through Sunday then even those very small rain chances go away.

The area of north Texas under Extreme drought conditions shrank just a few miles after this rain. My area is still in Extreme drought and one weather guy has mentioned we will be in Exceptional Drought conditions by the end of August if the rain ends and doesn't return before then.
    There is already some talk about raising the water conservation to Stage 4 which means I will not be allowed to water any of my plants unless I use my rain water and after that's gone my garden will be done.

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 14°C and sunny. It's going to be a hot one today! I have discovered a HUGE striped cucumber infestation on my cucumber and zucchini plants and I am NOT impressed! Between them, the rabbits and the chipmunks, it is not going to be a good garden year. :( I'm heading out to the garden shortly but first some housework. Have a great day all :)

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Gladly share our rain. Have not checked now much we got yesterday. Going to weed-will be extra muddy.

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. We got another 1/2 inch of rain yesterday. There were funnel clouds and one tornado in the area... but not near my house. Today is already warm at 83F and there's some menacing clouds looming to the east. I REALLY need to mow this weekend and get on weed pulling, but first, I'm going to get a few newly acquire plants in the ground.

12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 20°C with sunshine, but feeling much warmer with the humidity. My daughter and her boyfriend went strawberry picking yesterday, so I went to the store to get some pectin. Stopped in the garden center and came home with a new Rose, Scabiosa, Carnations and Ajuga. Almost forgot to get the pectin LOL I made 12 jars of jam, the plants I will put in today. Rain in the forecast for later so they will get watered in nicely. Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Yesterday was a crazy rainy day. I'd go outside. It would rain. I'd come inside and it would stop.So I planted and pulled weeds when I could and started to clean up my storage building when it was raining. We got another half-inch. It still overcast this morning... but doesn't look like rain clouds... yet.
    So... mowing here I come!

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 19°C and foggy. Very humid, and there is fog. Chance of thunderstorms later and tomorrow. We need a rain so I can finish planting the garden. It's so dry out there right now I won't plant anything! Off to work, probably dragging hoses all day. Have a great day all :)

15. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Slept well last night.

Today I have no big jobs to do. I have been making a brand new parachute for under the tall pine trees just outside of the French doors. It will go up this Friday. It took 8 hours to cut the baffels out the last time. This time I know what I'm doing so won't take as long.

First I have to take my wonderful wine cooler to the dump for the poor thing died.it was a large one. I now have a smaller one in its place. That's better anyway.