The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning and back at work. Got all the mowing done yesterday, but just didn't have the ambition to pull weeds. Guess I'll start on them in the evenings after work.
    No rain in sight for the week... and our temps will be from mid 70s to mid to upper 90s.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 22°C and overcast. There is a storm expected this morning, but I think it might miss us here as I can see it moving in the distance. I do hope it decides to give us a little bit of rain. Today is Canada Day, and I have the day off. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning... AND Happy Canada Day!
    No rain in the forecast for us until Friday or Saturday.
    Temps stuck in the same spot for the week also.
    I hope the containers will be okay for one more day, because I have a meeting tonight and won't be able to get them watered until at least Wednesday evening.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Just another hot, dry day in north Texas and we don't even have a chance of rain in our 7-10 day forecast.
    In my part of north Texas ....
    June 2014 was the first June since 2007 that had no 100+ days and the 2007 summer had none in July and only 5 in August.
    The hottest it got in June 2014 was 96. Hopefully the rest of this summer will follow the lead of 2007...Sept that year was much more pleasant than Sept since then too.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 18°C and humid. Cold front moving in later, I hope it brings some rain without a violent storm. Off to work, to drag hoses no doubt. Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Same old hot weather mid 70s to mid 90s with just a slight chance of rain over the next few days. It was kinda foggy this morning for about half of my commute. Weird... it just cleared up like a door had opened. Well... looking forward to my long 4-day weekend. The flower beds look a mess, so I want to get them tidied up.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. It was 81 degree at 5 A.M. this morning and is continuing to climb to around 95 in a while, should be closing in on our first 100+ day by the end of next week.....can tell how thrilled I am about that!!! :smt011 :smt074

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way.... :smt111

I found more information about when I can water my garden, if I use buckets or a hand held hose I can water any day of the week and any time of the day. YEAH, that means there is hope for my plants for a while longer.

8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. It is a lot cooler now after the rain. Today should be very bearable. Then after seeing Toni's posting I shouldn't complain! Very tired today, but off to work I go. Have a great day all :)

9. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I will be preparing for my pre garden tour inspection by all my close friends. It will be Saturday and Sunday. The weather looks like it will be great. The real inspection has been postponed for the woman's mom is very sick. Gives me a little more time.

10. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. It's my 4-day weekend again. I've got LOTS to do. First on the list... plant a few new things before it gets too hot. Then it's weeding. Nothing else until that's done. Then I think I'll drag out the hoses and give everything a nice slow drink. And there's some trimming that needs to be done on some shrubs. A couple of tree branches that need cut.
    Darn armadillo (I'm pretty sure it was him) managed to kill one of the passion vines, so I need to cut that out of the trellis. So basically today is clean-up day!
    I'd better get busy before it gets way too hot to be out there.

11. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good afternoon all. Fog has finally burned off and it is now looking like a nice day. Have lots of odds and ends to take care of in the garden. I need to try and crib up the corn. They are forecasting a hurricane for us on Saturday. If I tie the corn up some, it will protect it from the winds. I don't have a lot of corn and I tied it up previous times and it worked out fine. I did the tomatoes yesterday. We don't get hurricanes until fall so I don't know why the big rush this year!

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all! Friday is my favorite work day :) Looks like the chance of rain has passed, but at least it is a lot cooler. The cool breeze blowing in through my bedroom window made it hard to leave my bed this morning! Off to work where watering will be the job of the day. Have a great day everyone :)

13. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

One day to my little garden tour. Saved the house cleaning for this morning. It's my normal time to do it. Preparing the snacks and beverages this afternoon. It's raining nicely right now and will clear up by noon and be beautiful both weekend days. Perfect....?

14. cherylad

Happy Friday and Happy 4th of July! got the back all weeded but ran out of steam before I got to the front. But it's only one small bed, so I can easily do that this morning. Also got some trimming done and cut down a few tree limbs that were hanging too low. It sprinkled a bit, just enough to cool things off. Today is starting off overcast with a slight chance of rain. So I'm going to fire up the bbq pit early and get that done.
    There's a big 4-family reunion today and they asked if I'd come help with the sno-cones. I'm not in either of the families, but being from such a small town, where everyone is kin to everyone or so it seems... might as well be my family too. So I'll go over for a little while and lend a hand.

15. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Very humid today. Not good for tomato and potato plants. When it gets this humid it usually brings blight. Bracing for the hurricane to hit us tonight and tomorrow. Lots of rain up to 130mm. That's way too much! Have to go out and put things under cover so they don't end up in the neighbour's yard.