The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Just picked up a rental car for our yearly outing with oldest daughter tomorrow. A smallish SUV that should be comfy for the three of us and any cool junque we find. We are taking her east to Jefferson, Tx where we found some pretty good shops a couple of years ago.

Chrisle stay dry and feet firmly planted on the floor. 130mm = about 5 inches in our reckoning ;) Several areas around here got that last week in the storms that moved through and had quite a bit of flooding.

2. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

Happy Fourth of July All!!! :D

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all! Currently 16°C and sunny. Up early to take my son to work and still feeling rather tired. I think I will stop at the garden center and see if they have any 'deals', although I am not sure where I would plant anything! Must water the gardens today as all the rain storms passed me by this week. Now I know how Toni feels ... it rained all around me but not ON me! Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. All the rain over the last couple days missed me too. Dark clouds just passed on by. So I'll be dragging the hoses around today... and watch, as soon as I'm done, it'll rain. :D
    Time to get the mowing done again too.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 17°C and clear. Stopped at the garden center yesterday and saved several plants from the discount rack ... A raspberry, Brunnera, dianthus, centaurea and lavender. I have already planted the raspberry and the others I will try to squeeze in somewhere today. Hoping to get the fencing put up around the veggie patch today if DH gets done work early enough. Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Weatherwise... going to be the same ol' same ol'. Temps from mid 70s to mid 90s and clear blue skies now... with a slight chance of rain in the evening.
    Nothing really planned for today, but I always seem to find something that needs done in the garden.
    I've been fighting the armadillo again, and found some spray that's supposed to work... and a friend said that they don't like the smell of blood meal. So I treated the beds last night. I looked for Moth Flakes like Barb mentioned, but none in sight. So... I hope that other stuff works, because my beds look so bad all rummaged through.

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 19°C and overcast. We did get a bit of rain this morning and more expected later. We got most of the garden fence up yesterday, just a short section left when we get a gate. The fence makes the garden look bigger! Off to work where watering is most likely on the list today. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Monday morning and back to work for me. I got the flower beds all cleaned up and watered over the weekend. And now it's probably time to pull weeds again already! :D
    I have 4 full weeks until the plant sale, so I need to concentrate on getting and keeping those plants perky and pretty. Also time to get their ID cards printed and get my paperwork in order. I'm going to be super-organized and prepared this year so I'm not spending hours setting up.

9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 15°C and cloudy. Last nights rain didn't happen, but there is still a chance today. I hope we get some because I planted all the perennials on my shelf last night! Its getting harder to squeeze plants into my gardens so I'd better stay away from gardencenters! Off to work, have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Same ol' weather here. Some places getting major downpours and other places, like my yard, haven't gotten a drop in several days. So it's drag around the hose time as usual.
    So far no sign of Mr. Armadillo after I spread and sprayed stuff for him. But either the squirrels or racoons are having a field day with my cantaloupes! Found one on the ground yesterday totally hollowed out.
    Darn varmints!

11. toni

Good afternoon all. Yesterday a lovely dark cloud hovered over my yard for most of the afternoon, lots of loud thunder rumbles issued forth from said cloud but then it went away, the sun regained control of the weather, the temperature zoomed up to 99 and my yard was even dryer than it had been earlier that morning.

We will probably make it to 100 each of the next 5-7 days and no chances of rain.
    I am already making another list of what plants to remove from the gardens and which ones to buy more of as replacements.

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 12°C and windy. We finally had a good hour or 2 of pouring rain and I was able to get the last of my plants in the ground. Picked the first zucchini, and looking forward to the first peas and grape tomatoes soon. Off to work to weed, where they seem to be taking over the veggie garden. Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Clear and hot here. Now would be a good time for a rain shower, please.
    But oh well... I'll have all the hoses out this evening since I didn't get a chance to water yesterday. Hang in there plants... you'll get a drink in a few hours. :stew2:

14. toni

Morning all. Just another hot and dry one here, at least the humidity level is still 10% lower than the Equatorial Rainforest. :eek:

Got a bit of the front yard watered this morning. I had promised the plants I would get up early and they would all have a good drink before the sun hit but I woke up at 4, couldn't get back to sleep until around 7 and when I did get up I only had 15 min to water anything before the 10 a.m. cut off time. Will have to finish off this evening.

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 9°C and cloudy. I am very tired today! Off to work for a busy day of pre-wedding garden prep as there is a wedding tomorrow and Saturday. Have a great day all :)