The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Left work early and went shopping with my husband. I thought it was going to be shopping for me. Wrong. I couldn't find anything I wanted at HobbyLobby or Joanns. Unusual for me not to find something in a store that carries crafts. The final stop was Lowes and my husband was on a roll. Besdies a few small items, he got a snowblower - has been looking for awhile and found one he liked on clearance. Lowes was my fault I will have to admit because I wanted to get paint for the wicker chairs I bought last fall at garage sales. They need some repair and painting before going in the backyard in the spring.

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Sold my snowblower when we moved from Wisconsin. 7 horse Airens. Hope I never have to use one again, but I do understand why he needed one. They do make the job so much easier.

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its 62 tonight and the low is 40.I think we got a hot spell going here.LOl
    I'm off work Monday and Tues is to be
    66 here Mon and in the 70's Tues but rain in the forecast for Tues.yuck.

4. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Ooo, the goodnight thread hasn't been added to for a long time....but as I am just about to turn in I thought I would wish you all sweet dreams.

I had another busy day working hard landscaping a front and back garden, then to school to watch the children do their Karate class, then we strolled home, chatting all the way for a relaxing evening and a long soak in the tub. It is early for me to turn in, at just gone 10.20, but my bones are aching from all the digging today, so goodnight fellow gardeners and crafty peeps, see you tomorrow!

Advertisement
  5. irisann

irisann New Seed

Hello, Not a great weather day here in NJ. A late Winter storm has reared it's ugly head and misery settled in for all those having to commute on routes 80, 78, 287, 46 and 10. It is a mess out there and not supposed to improve til tomorrow. Needless to say, I was only out to replenish birdfeeders & suet.

6. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

A cold and windy day here today but no snow or rain. A quiet day at work that seemed like quitting time would never arrive. Tomorrow is Saturday and I am ready for a morning of sleeping in. Want to take bets on what time the cat will jump on me and wake me up?

7. EJ

What a busy day here in Essex. As it is Mothering Sunday, Jessica had a Church parade with the Brownies, so we went to the Mothering Sunday Service to support her. She had a great time. Then onto Marks Auntie where her new grandchild was being presented to the family, a little girl called Rachel. A beautiful little thing, very content considering she is only a month old! Then onto the dreaded supermarket for desperately needed supplies, to finally get home, unpack, pick in the washing and settle down for an afternoon of peace......mind you, I cut number one sons hair, watered the plants in the conservatory, sorted some seeds for a chum and cooked tea for the kids. Now Jessica is in the tub and James is snuggled up on the sofa with his dad. I have a huge pile of ironing to do tonite so goodness knows when I will chill!

8. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Let's see, it's Mothering Sunday, and dad is napping on the sofa,
    while mom is cooking, washing, ironing, cutting hair, sorting seeds, etc. . .

How does that old poem go???

A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done.

Hope you can find a few moments to take it easy, E.J. :D

By the way, Happy Mothering Day. :-D

9. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good evening all, back from church, the hungry crew has been fed, I have a chicken on the stove for chicken and dumplings for supper. As soon as it comes to a boil, oops, it just boiled, but not all over. OK, so a lid on the bird and it's off to the great outdoors to have some fun. The right side of the driveway is in terrible need of attention as it is the first thing you see when you pull in, so weeding, mulching and the push lawnmower is in order. Talk to y'all later.

10. EJ

Aww thanks Zuzu. It wasn't so bad, I did sit on the sofa with daughter and help her learn her 3 times table. Also, he ironed all of his work shirts, so not quite as bad. And we had a great supper of spicy curry with crispy poppodoms. Finally now I am about ready for my bed, so goodnight all.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Being overcast and windy today, it was a perfect day to spend in the back yard. So I did.

12. EJ

Well what a chilly day here in Essex. Snow flurries and freezing wind. I braved the cold and went to my 2 hour exercise class, but my hernia started to ache so I had to slow down towards the end. Tomorrow I am working in 2 seperate gardens which will be fun, so long as it is sunny! Night night all.

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Strage day today. I drove to work in a white out. By noon the snow had stopped and all had melted before I left to come home. Tonights schedule is a little backwards. Usually help with Bible quiz practive from 5-7 and then home to check out the Stew. Tongiht practice is from 7-9 so had to check in here early.

14. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Well we have about an hour and a half of daylight left, so I am off to the great outdoors. I have so much to do outside it isn't even funny. I need to take a month off just to get my yard straight. I did house work today because I was feeling guilty. I need an extra month off just to get the house in order. Wouldn't it be nice!!!!!!!!!!
    Then I have to put Mom to bed, shower, and finish a jewelry order. Work tomorrow.

15. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good evening all I will watch one of my recorded CSI and go to bed. Have a good night