The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Evenin' all. Im beat. I was supposed to go to dance class but I didnt for 2 reasons: 1, I didnt have a ride and 2 I was too tired >_<

*sigh*

2. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Evening all, I made it to the big city. Got here Saturday, took until today to get the computer back on line. Mimi,s procedure went well, but they kept her in the hospital over night because she came out of the anesthetic slowly and couldn't keep her stomach down. The daffodils are in full bloom here, and haven't broken the ground yet at the lake. I hope that the wild trilliums are in bloom on the trip back. They only bloom for a week or so, and only in a narrow band about 90 miles south of us. I'll get some photos if they are their.

Tom

3. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Glad to know that Mimi's doing well,
    sorry that she had such a hard time with the anesthetic, 'tho. :?

Have a safe and enjoyable trip home.

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its a rainy evening here in Billings
    rained all day and still going. Sorry Mimi was so ill after her procedure.Glad she is ok now.

Advertisement
  5. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Another day away from the office. Spent the day at a health insurance seminar - very boring and depressing. My husand was able to ride along with me so he got a day out. He hasn't been doing much since his wrist surgery last week. The wrist is doing pretty well - he has physical therapy again tomorrow and Friday and sees the doctor again next week. No time for gardening today except for browsing through the garden department at Walmart where I bought the pots to make my very own tippy pot and paint to repaint my pink flamingo. (There is a story behind the flamingo that I will share later when it is repainted.)

6. katsback

katsback In Flower

dont worry Polly. you'll have plenty of good days to be out side..its been raining here all evening, expecting more maybe tomorrow .hope not.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all. It was another nice day here today, but a bit cooler. I worked like a slave today and I'm sooo tired! Rain expected tomorrow right through the weekend. Ugh! All my little seedlings are growing quickly and will want to be outside soon.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Evening all. Looks like Gramma will be off line in a few minutes until tomorrow.
    Lisa is on a trip with her students, Austin leaves at 6:30 a.m. with his class for a trip to Houston so we have Nicky and his bedtime on school nights is 8:30
    We don't have a 'guest bedroom' so he will be sleeping on my chaise lounge in here which means no computer for me tonight.
    Talk about withdrawal...I will have to go to bed early to take my mind off reading email and stuff.

See ya'll in the morning.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I know the feeling Toni, I can't wait until the Internet is as readily available as electricity is. Not much reason why it shouldn't by now :)

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

A new resident has been spotted in my yard :D Its a gnome! Im gonna have to go look for my camera so I can pics ;)

11. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Just about to take myself to bed. Am worn out. Another hot weekend has flown by and I have managed, rather selfishly I think, to spend a lot of it gardening in MY garden. It has been a joy, if only we would get some rain. Still none to speak of here in this part of Essex. I am off to the allotment in the week, goodness knows if any of the seeds have germinated.

My darling, the accident prone nink managed to hit himself on the head firstly when he went into the loft and let the lid slam on his head (don't laugh....I did!), then again he hit his head on the car boot when he popped to the allotment for me. He now has 2 nice bumps. Then whilst at the allotment, carry out some repairs on my tomato house, he hit a nail and the flat end of another went through his finger nail, right through, so it bled from the middle of the nail! Don't ask how he did it, he is a plonk at times, but I love him!

Goodnight all!

12. katsback

katsback In Flower

Well hope all's ok over there at EJ'S house.I got in the rose thorns today, then scratched on my shoulder by cat,which felt like thorns,and maybe a bit sunburned too. Been busy planting and painting all day,ready for a bbq,having steak.

13. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Lovely day - good time in church this morning, perfect weather for weeding and nice long walk, lots of relaxing and eating ice-cream and other useless things. I ought to do this more often!

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all. Another busy day for me today and LOTS of new posts to catch up on (we are such a chatty bunch:) ) Rain in the forecast for tomorrow so I wanted to get as much done as possible today. The stomach bug I had on the weekend lasted about 36 hours. Then my 2 older children caught it and spent Sunday and part of Monday throwing up. Yesterday was DH's birthday and he was OK. Today he was home from work with it. I hope he gets better soon...he's such a baby when he's sick!

15. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Best wishes to Mimi - I hope she recovers well from now on.

EJ - Poor Mark - at least he got his three accidents all over and done with in one day!!! Bet his head and thumb hurt like h*ll though.

Netty I'm pleased to hear you're over the worst of your stomach bug and I hope the rest of the family are on the mend soon too.

Toni let's hope the withdrawal symptoms weren't too severe and that you'll have you computer back to yourself soon.