The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. purlgold

purlgold New Seed

Glorius Day In N. Georgia

It gets up to about 65F here this time of year. The trees still have incredible color, but are losing leaves rapidly. I spent the day selling my 2000 Porsche Boxster convertible. It only had 35K miles and was treated like a pet :) I had to drive to Atlanta (about 1.45 hr. to complete the transaction. The traffic was horrible,so I returned to Paradise with Hives. I have dosed with a couple of anti histamines and I am treating my self to homemade tapioca pudding for dinner. :-D
    Good Evening, stay warm and cozy and dream of Spring Flowers To Come.
    Debra

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all. It is an absolutely miserable evening outside...cold, rain and strong winds. Tomorrow will be the same.
    I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow-I am still planting bulbs. I finished off the largest of the beds today...almost 300 Tulip bulbs!!
    Stay warm, dry and cozy all.

3. redrose

redrose Seedling

Good evening everyone! It's rather dreary outside. It's been chilly and rainy all day, and we've got our first snow falling as we speak.

4. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good evening everyone

Happy Diwali to those who celebrate the day. :-D

Humble apologies - I should have done it this mornign already.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good evening all. I had a very busy day today at work and I'm exhausted. One more day of work and then I'm home for the winter.
    Weatherman says we will get hit hard with winter starting late tonight. Some areas will get up to 30 cm of snow. Yuck, I'm not ready yet!!
    Sweet dreams all :)

6. Netty

Good evening all. I just stepped outside to let the dog do her business before bed and discovered heavy snow falling! At least an inch has already piled up and it shows no sign of letting up. My daughter will be very happy tomorrow-she'll finally get to make a snowman! Looks like I'll be doing some shoveling too!

7. petunia

petunia Young Pine

We too have snow coming down here in Michigan. But we're only suppose to get maybe 2 inches by tomorrow. Others will be getting more though.

8. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

It was not such a great day after all.

Big disappointment.

I had to withdraw from the triathlon.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sorry to hear that PT. You are still a winner to us.

10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Awww, Palm Tree, and you've worked so hard. You've even learnt to ride a bicycle, so the effort is far from wasted. Bet you feel in better shape than you have for a long time too.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Awww, Palm Tree, really sorry to hear that. Hope you didn't injure yourself.

12. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Thank you for all your concern, Oh Toni if only it was an injury that prevented me from continueing. However, it is more of a case where I did not look before I leapt.

I just wanted to check on the distances and where the triathlon was to take place and then I found out that the cycling part is more mountainbiking. I am game for a lot of new adventures, but I think to play it safe I need to watch out for mountainbiking. I mean I just started cycling on the road. (Which was new). Mountain biking is far too different from cycling on a gymspinner whereas cycling on a road would have been better.

But like you said Droopy I decided to look on the positive side - after I sulked the whole of last night- and thus told myself that I did gain by learning to cycle on the road on an actual cycle other than a gymspinner. ANd I did get to up my distance of daily running to 5 km sometimes 6,5 km whereas I only ran half of that distance before.
    ANd my swimming improved - also distance wise.

Thanks Frank you made me feel better - who knows I might take up mountain biking - but not in the near future. The Stew is inspiring after all.

13. Netty

Sorry to hear Palm Tree. You learned to ride on the road, perhaps you would like Mountain biking just as much, maybe more. Is this triathlon an annual event? I think it's awesome that you improved your running and swimming and learned to ride.
    Frank is right...you ARE a winner!

14. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

By mountain biking, do you mean up and down mountains on roads, or off-road biking in mountain slopes?

I bet you'll be able to participate next year, if that's what you feel like.

15. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

You are right Droopy, I know myself by now and I know I will probably enter next year - that is if they organize one next year.

Thank you so much Netty. This was a first of its kind of event organized by our gymnasium staff and apparently they wanted to make it a multi-disciplinary event with running, Mountainbiking and (check this) canoeing (not even swimming) however the canoeing was cancelled as not everyone had canoes.

I did not even see these specifications when I signed up, I just saw triathlon and jumped in.

Oh yes and the mountainbiking is off-road biking on mountain slopes.

(Who knows maybe I can sway them to have an INDOOR "safe" triathlon. All the facilities are there - Olympic size swimming pool, treadmills and Gymspinners.)