The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Good Evening from Wisconsin's North Woods. Bright sunny day, to day, woke up to -20 F (-29 C) after a high, day before yesterday, of near +40 (+4 C). What a ride, rained some yesterday, snowed last night, and got very windy.
    Our Sled Dog races (The Three Bear Sled Dog Races) are this week end, a yearly event in town, that racers from as far away as Alaska come for. Hope the weather is good for them. Lots of fun.
    Tom

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening all, we've had a slightly busy Sunday here. Temps have been good, about 6 deg C/43 deg F and even some sunshine.

Today we celebrate Mother's day, and with sick children and poorly husband I'd clean forgotten about it! We were going to a birthday party today too, so I was focused on that. Fortunately someone reminded me in time so I got flowers for both my mother and mother-in-law. Phew!

3. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

My temperature right now is zero.. Friday it was 58º
    So you will notice a great change.......It is to go below 0.......

That should make for a 3 dog nite..;o)
    b

4. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Well, its been a rather boring day. To stay inside just because its just way too cooolld out. I played in dirt and put in some seeds, not because it was time, but for something to do.
    Now here at 7:45 at nite they're already shutting schools down for Monday. We'll have 20 to 30 miles/hour winds so there will be drifting along with another 3 inches of snow that'll blow around. I have been out and there is ice under this drifted snow on the road. What to do on Monday for me is another question.

Advertisement
  5. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

I been sewing curtains to keep from being bored.. I also mess with all the indoor flowers upstairs.
    Transplanted my christmas tree seedlings.. about 13 of them so far.
    One week I emptied a impatient seed envelope into one of the flower pots, today I noticed they are germinating.. wow

6. Droopy

Good evening. I've had a busy day today. I've picked stones and my husband has played at being a beaver and chopped down tree tops.

This afternoon's weather is pouring rain and strong winds at 15 meters per second, which is about 33,5 miles per hour. Nothing unusual if this were September or April, but it's not.

7. Droopy

This has been a day with too many stupid things happening, so I'm glad it's almost over. My mom had a leaky roof, so we had to find somebody to come fix it fast. It's pouring down. Luckily we found someone, which is quite an achievement. I had a hysterical phone call from a riding club friend who needed help doing some papers. I had forgotten to pack my middle girl's swim things, so I had a phone from her teacher too. They managed to solve it, luckily, because I couldn't deliver it on time, I was half way up the mountain side. The horses were really miffed because of the downpour and wind, and of course I met one of the most intolerable riders. She can't say anything nice to anybody, just moaning and complaining all the time. What's the matter with such people? To top it off, one of our oldest gardening friends is in hospital, and we haven't managed to find out why yet. I think I'll just call it a day and go to bed.

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Ouch, sorry about your day, droopy!!!
    The sun actually made a showing here- I raked my driveway a bit, clipped out dead branches from a little clump of pines, and spread bunny poo around the garden. Very good day.

9. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Yeah, I have nothing as bad to report as Droopy...remember it can only get better tomorrow! I spent most of the afternoon shoveling snow off of our roof and deck, and more snow is predicted tomorrow. Over a foot of snow and ice on them now, lots of weight.

My husband had an important business meeting with some folks flying in from down south and they got stranded at the airport, and now have to drive through the snow and ice to make the meeting. They live in a climate down in the southern U.S. where they don't get snow...should be an interesting trip for them.

10. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good evening everyone.

We had a typical Saturday here. I hope everyone had a stewing good day.

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

What a good day. a high of 30 degF. Nice bright sunshine most all day. 7 of us went sledding. Everyone had a good time. Then it was back to the house for dinner, cake & icecream. What a great day just spending time with my family.

12. mtathome

mtathome Seedling

Good evening, all.

A nice quiet day here but my computer refused to boot and I spent 4 hours trying, then resolved to take it in tomorrow. I gave it one last shot, and voila, it worked for some reason.

Very frustrating.

13. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hello everyone

It has been one of those busy days when there just is not enough hours in one day. Washing the dogs and their bedding and all. (No doggie parlour - all home treatments for both of them.)

Hope everyone had a great day.

14. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good evening all the Stewbies.

I could only get my fix of stew now since we were without electricity for most of the day and power only got restored a short while ago. Naturally I made a huge mug of tea and started stewing.
    I hope everyone had a great Sunday.

15. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Stewing is never wasted time, if anything it is quite the opposite for what is more valuable in life than good times spent with friends?

;-)