The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday evening all. I had a very busy day...Thursday is errand and shopping day. Now I can finally sit down and stew!

2. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good evening all! We actually got a bit of sun today. Eventhough it was only 45F, it felt closer to 65 if you just soaked it in for a while. :D

3. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Good evening everyone
    Had a busy day - no swimming I was forced to clean teh pool. I hope everyone is safe and sound.

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Good evening! Hope some of you got to garden today, it kept switching from rain to snow up here in the great wet north. Not too bad, I got to go hang out with my aunt for part of the afternoon. She lives on a part of the old family homestead, in a little cabin my uncle built jutting out from the side of a high hill, with an incredible view of the Black Hills all around... and the snow falling wetly...

Advertisement
  5. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good evening everyone! I'm in Southern ME and we had snow 3/4 of the day too. But I spent the morning stewing and the afternoon sewing which is fine with me. Of course I had many interuptions because my 4 year old DD is always in need of something. She's such a joy. I'm signing off soon so everyone enjoy their evening!

6. lexxivexx

lexxivexx In Flower

Good evening y'all. Lazy Sunday, band practice later. I thought I'd get to wash my car *FINALLY*, but the weather can't decide between sun, slush and hail today. Oh well, people are probably getting used to me driving a tan car instead of a white one anyway.

7. Netty

Good evening all. It is raining buckets outside!! The snow is disappearing at a fast rate and the sump pump is working harder than ever before. Weatherman says we will have torrential rain all night as well as thunderstorms. This could get scary! My lawn is already under water!
    One good thing is that I'm on the highest land around here so that thought should help me sleep tonight.(I hope!)

8. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Good eevening all. we also have had rain all day here and will rain through the nite time. But they say much above us in the upper pennisula they'll have some snow.

9. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Wow, This seemed like a long day basically not doing nothing. My daughters girlscout troop had their cookie booth to sell girlscout cookies. All I had to do is sit and help. I don't understand how I can be so tired from just doing basically nothing.

10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening all, I've been busy today. Turn-out-weekend at the stables, both horses to exercise and a birthday party to attend. I was an hour late, nothing new there. The day started with snow, but the sun came out and made it disappear, so now it's just wet. It's 20.00 and still proper daylight out there. I do love this time of year!

11. Netty

Good evening all. I had a wonderful day out in my garden today! This weeks weather forecast is looking fabulous so hopefully I'll do it all again tomorrow! But boy, am I tired :)

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening, can't understand where this day went. We've nearly had sunshine today, and temps around 10 deg C/50 deg F. I haven't managed to do half of what I should, but I have enjoyed doing what I've done, so that should be alright then. :D

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good Evening all. I spent 5 hours out in the yard again today. I got a tiny bit started on the front garden, had to water the ground to make it soft enough to work but overwatered and it turned into a muddy mass when I tried to start weeding.

Well, looking out our windows to the west shows a blackening sky and that ain't from the sun going down. :eek:
    Heavy storms moving our way again this week. Tornadoes forming about an hour west of us and all this mess will be over us in less than two hours. Thankfully the really heavy stuff appears to be heading north.
    Hmmmmmm, deja vu all over again.

14. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Well after finishing up with a friend on her dog grooming,- I was able to spend some time cleaning the leaves out of the garden. counted 5 or more frogs in my pond so far and seen the fish swimming around. cleaned up the herb garden and my strawberry patch. Much work still awaits in between the rain drops.

15. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Well I had one busy day. Cleaned up the front yard. I now can see where I have many plants coming thru. Irises, tulips, lillies, hostas, hibiscus, my hydrenga bush has new leaves, also my new lilac has beginning leaves. Its so exciting to see plants come alive in the spring. After all that, I then took a long walk with my oldest daughter. I should sleep good tonight after a long day.