The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Halloo from the land of weird weather! Hailed again today, and my poor daffodils have given up trying to recover from repeated freezings. Good thing I have a flat of tiny tomatoes to keep up with or my gardening needs would be utterly thwarted. Did get some dandelions pulled between icy blasts, does any weather discourage them?!?

2. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

its been awhile since I posted here. My legs and feet are killing me.... Spent 12 hours driving last night (did stop at a rest area for a few hours of sleep though) then when I got home, went in to work for my paycheck and they wrangled me into working a 6 hour shift *deep sigh*

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all. Currently 2°C wet and windy. What a difference a week makes. Last Monday it was sunny and 28°C and today it was raining with a high of 4°C!
    I started work today and spent the first 3 hours cleaning out gardens in the pouring rain! Not a fun day! Tomorrow will be better I hope.

4. Netty

Good evening all! Currently 6°C and sunny with wind. It feels cold!
    I can't believe tomorrow is already May 1st! Where does the time go?

Advertisement
  5. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hi all! Gonna be gone all weekend. Worked a 10 hour shift today (with a 1 hour lunch). Started off sunny, then got cloudy and windy, now its gray and I'm waiting for it to rain. Its been warmer today than the past few days though.

6. Netty

Good evening all. Currently 7°C and overcast. We have rain in the forecast for the next 4 days.
    4th day back to work and I am completely exhausted! Can't wait for the weekend!

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening all, we've been busy today. First the stables, then home for a quick change and straight off to a party. It's been horribly cold, about 6 deg C/43 deg F and hail/rain/sleet/sun all day long. I'm going to sit down and do very little for the rest of the day.

8. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Just when I thought snow was not a topic until next fall, guess what. This morning it snowed. Not for long, or in any quantity, but I saw it, and watched for about 5 minutes, as the white stuff fell. The temperature was 34 F (1 C). It has since gotten warmer and the snow stopped. The sun is out and it's about a chilly 40 F (4 C). I was going to grill out this evening, but have thought better of that idea. Something from the local deli, I think.
    Tom

9. Droopy

Good evening all, we're home! You lot's been busy, 242 new posts, and all in two days... The trip back and forth went well, and we spent 6 hours in very cold rain yesterday, but the girls had fun, so we were happy too. I promised you some road photos, but I took lots of house photos and landscape photos too. I'll post those eventually. I'm just glad to be home. 8 hours' driving on Friday and then 8 hours' driving again today can kill an old gal like me. :D

10. xylona

xylona Seedling

Glad you got home okay. Driving that much sure can drain you.
    Vacations and short trips can be great. But I have always been glad to get home and unwind afterwards. :)

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good evening all, I've been busy all day so couldn't make my good morning greeting. It was a beautiful day here in Malmö although I have been looking at a computer screen for most of it :rolleyes:

12. Droopy

Good evening all, it's been a very warm day and I've been busy. Max temp was a bit above 27 deg C/81 deg F, and just a little bit of cooling wind to go with it.

I've had the horse chiropractor in to treat Gabriella, I've trained with the other grannies at the stables, and I've just had lamb in cabbage (fårikål) and about 1 kg/2 pounds of strawberries all to myself. :D The rest of the family had eaten their fill before I came home. I'm not complaining!

13. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

It was 94 degrees F here today . . .and is supposed to be 87 by 11 PM tonight . . . a chance of thunderstorms is not until next Thursday evening . . . AC is going, but it is sweltering hot here. Oh well . . .I am dreading August if this is how June is gonna be. :oops:

(this is why I am a winter gal)

14. Droopy

Evening all. This day started out grey and foggy, and now it's pouring down outside. Temps went from 19 to 14 deg C/64 to 57 deg F, and I got thoroughly soaked while carrying water and mucking out paddocks. Well, it had to be done, and I'm not inclined to wait until the dung is soaked and really heavy to remove. :D

Before the rain started we had a lovely ride to the mountain pastures and back. The air is wonderfully fresh now, and the rain much needed. I hope it's wet for another couple of days. I might manage to get the house in order then.

15. Droopy

Good evening all. We had a dry afternoon, and I got a few chores done, but now it's raining again. It's fairly warm though, 17 deg C/63 deg F, so I shan't complain. I'm off to celebrate a birthday party soon, but need to try and make myself presentable first. My hands probably won't be clean before some time in October. :D