The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Hi all, We cooled down to 60's last night but zoomed up the the 80's today. Blue Carolina sky and so far no rain. I think this is a good idea. I usually check in am and pm. Can't miss anything!

Gardengater

2. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good afternoon from sunny hot dry central Texas.Its 95 degrees and forecast thunderstorms but I wont hold my breath for the rain to come.Headed to work now.Have a good afternoon everyone.

3. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Hello all. What a good day I had. Just wanted to share it with you. Just when I thought I wasn't catching on to the paper work at work, Everything balanced out o.k. today. And just when I had everything caught up and ready for the big crowd at noon-nothing. Isn't that just about the way it goes. :) well shift change came around and my paper work balance then too-oh yah, I did good today. Came home and planted some cucs in the garden and now in for the rest of the nite. What a good day :)

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all. We had a terrible thunderstorm yesterday and I blew up yet another modem. That is the 3rd one!
    I'm back online now :)

Advertisement
  5. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Breathing a real sigh of relief, we dodged the bullet, and the house here in Mequon is none the worse for the storms that caused so much damage to those along the river, and in the low areas. Having seen the flooding first hand, I can say that some in our community are in bad shape. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them as they work to get their lives back to something like normal.
    Tom

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all.
    I have just returned from my daughters 8th grade graduation ceremony. She looked so grown up there on the stage! Geeze, it feels like she was just born, I can't get over it! She also won a trophy for "Most Improved" so I was very proud of her. :)

7. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Its raining here... nice and cool outside, but hot inside! oy...

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening all. It's been cloudy but dry and 15 deg C/59 deg F today.

Got the horses out on pasture, but with a few hitches, such as an exploding tire and a driver who suddenly got a very bad stomach. We've been cleaning out boxes, paddocks and stables for three hours, and then the drives back and forth, another four hours. Came home at eight this evening. I'm knackered.

I've learned that modern day knights use glasses, gloves and jacks instead of visors, shields and lances, and they drive silver cars instead of riding white horses. I'm going to bed real soon.

9. Droopy

It's evening already! :eek: We've had an entire, dry day and I've got lots done outside. It's beginning to rain again now, so I have to pack up and move inside. Temps aren't too good. 15 deg C/59 deg F. Last night we were down to 5 deg C/41 deg F. And this is June. Hah! :rolleyes:

10. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Hope it warms up for you Droopy. We're sweltering here on the beach. Hard to keep plants from wilting. That's where my soaker hose comes in handy. Summer will come.

Carol

11. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Droopy, I would give just about anything to have 41 and 59 degrees. Just a few days into the summer season and we've already hit over 100 twice. It's going to be a loooonng summer! :(

12. Droopy

Evening all, the day's nearly done. Today was cooler than yesterday, and with a bit of wind, so we could actually do something without having to lie down every five minutes. :D

About 24 deg C/75 deg F max today. Despite the cooler temps I haven't managed to get a thing done. Only 9 more days 'till we leave, so I'd best start panicking soon.

13. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Wherever you're going, I hope you have fun! Don't melt in all the "heat". We have 70 degree temps for about 3 days between winter and summer. Thank goodness for AC.

Carol

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good evening all and it was yet another beautiful day here in Malmö. I'm going to miss this weather when it goes :(

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #125

15. Droopy

Evening all, it's been a busy couple of days. Yesterday was spent at the stables. I left home 09.30 and returned about 18.00. Both horses are now back from pasture, their stuff is in place and only one still needs a bath.

I'm still struggling on the north side, I think I have only about 15-20 more barrowfuls of dirt to shift, but the big stones are there too. I think I might need some help with those.

The weather's been good, a few clouds and not too hot or cold to work in. No rain forecast for the next few days, so I might get the north ready for border making before autumn. I wish!

Temps are low in the night, from 5 to 10 deg C/41-50 deg F, but between 18 and 24 deg C/64-75 deg F during the day.