The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good evening to all Stewbies. Enjoyed a 3-hour marathon mini-golf session with some friends today. Very relaxing in the afternoon sun and lots of fun. That didn't stop me losing however :rolleyes: Hope you're having a great day.

2. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Well I've just come in from covering all my vege's & flowers best I could. Here their calling for clear ski's over nite, with patchy frost in some areas. Didn't want to take any chances, so here's hoping for the best.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening all! (Only 50 minutes left of the afternoon, so I post here.) We've had a lovely day weather wise. Sunshine, not too hot nor too cold, just a slight breeze and 20 deg C/68 deg F as a max. It's clouding over now, they've forecast rain tonight. I've got some new plants that need planting, but I've had a good friend over to help me with my riding so I'm pretty worn out now. All riding instructors must have a sadistic streak! :D Even good friends turn into monsters when they get a chance to boss me about. I've learned a lot though, so I really shan't complain about sore muscles.

Have a nice day, those of you who still have the day in front of you.

4. Droopy

Good evening all, we've got Indian summer here. Temps were around 22 C/72 F in the early afternoon, and we've had delicious sunshine all day. I've been planting new plants and are planning on moving old ones about. Forecast says more of the same for a few more days. It's nearly bed time now, see you all tomorrow. :D

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday evening all. It was a very cool day today with a high of only 14°C. The low is expected to be around 2°C tonight so I brought in all my planters in case of frost. Ike came for a visit last night and kept me up with the howling winds so I am just exhausted. It's only 8:30 pm but I'm heading to bed! Have a good night all :)

6. Droopy

Good Thursday evening from very autumn-like mid-Norway. We've had a fairly good day today, but lots of wind and now it's started to rain too. Temps have been between 10 and 15 C/50-59 F so it's not too bad. I have played a bit in the dirt and a lot with the horses. We were planning to go mushrooming tomorrow but they've forecast lots of rain and gale force winds, so I think that trip will be postponed. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

7. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Droopy, you have me drooling! My parents being of European descent, used to gather mushrooms. They were so delicious. I've always wanted to learn the art, but never had the opportunity. Let us know what you find, Droopy. Yum.
    GArdengater

8. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

Good Evening from NC . . . cool here tonight . . . I have been lying under a throw all evening . . . I have been walking 3 miles a day . . . and am aching all over tonight. Whine . . . Whine . . . just need some cheese to go with it . . . LOL . . . Will the moon be full tonight??? Just wondering . . . @;~)

9. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Light overcast all day but no rain here; great weather for bicycling though. We had a very red sunset last night from the wildfire down in Oregon, but no chance of a sunset tonight.

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all! Connection problems today so I couldn't get on until now. I am soooo tired of this dial-up!
    I planted 14 small trees today, got all the grass cut, as well as 4 loads of laundry and my regular cleaning so I almost ready for bed!
    Have a great night all :)

11. Droopy

Good evening all, it's been a busy and very warm one. Temps are 19 C/66 F now at 19.10, I don't know how high it was at it's highest. The wind and clouds are back, I hope they leave sometime during the night. :D

I've been with the horses all day, learning to drive. More about that in my blog for those who are interested. It's going to be an early night for me. I need it.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good evening all at GardenStew. Wow it's really starting to get dark early now. Are those sleigh bells I hear? :eek:

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #138 DECIDER

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good late afternoon all. Still summer :'(

Our bedroom walls are painted, the waterbed has been refilled and is heating up. But we just can't stand the thought of sleeping on the air mattress in the livingroom for a 5th night so we are off to a motel.
    Cable TV and a Jacuzzi to ease our aching muscles.

Tomorrow we put down the tiles and move the rest of the furniture back in....and I will have before, during and after pictures to post too.

Have a good evening.

14. Droopy

Evening all. It's been a windy, very wet day here by the coast, and they've promised us more of the same for another couple of days. Temps are stuck at 10 C/50 F. I've been outside for hours, got my feet wet and now I'm just freezing cold. We celebrated Ida's 10th birthday, and she wanted hers at the stables too. Only 17 children this time, including our own two, but we got three tag-alongs for a short while. When I thaw out I'll start cleaning the floors. Enjoy your Saturday evening all.

15. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I've just come in at 8:55 p.m. (20.55)
    its been a long busy day in the garden.
    cut down some overhanging raspberry bushes, dug a trench around a stump, took out the toms. Wow the garden is now looking empty I'm just plain tired out so heading to bed soon. picts in my blog hopefuly tomorrow.