The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good evening, I'm off to bed bringing Noel Botham's "The Ultimate Book of Useless Information". After two days of celebrating the ten-year-old we're done with birthdays this year. The weather has turned chilly, about 9 C/48 F today. The first snow has fallen on the mountain tops, and it's dark around 19.30. *sigh* Sleep tight all!

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A very good evening all at GardenStew. It's lashing rain here which I discovered when I almost got caught in an abrupt shower earlier.

Current temps: 9 deg C / 48 deg F.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Pic Of The Month - October 2008 Poll

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all. I was very busy today! After I finished all my regular Saturday morning chores I headed outside. I got all the grass cut, a Cedar hedge planted, some perennials moved, my veggie garden partly cleaned up, the pool drained and my Canna Lily's dug up. I am EXHAUSTED!!
    Tomorrow will be just as busy so I'm headed to bed!

4. Droopy

Good evening all, it's getting colder and darker, and the week-end's been fairly wet too. Night temps are around 2 C/36 F, and day temps 8-10 C/46-50 F. We've been threatened with frost tonight. I've ordered a wagon today. :D Don't know when it will be delivered yet.

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Good evening all, we're having weird weather at the moment. The temps suddenly rose, and we've had 19 C/66 F for a couple of days. High temps in autumn brings lots of wind and a bit of rain, but it hasn't been too bad.

The girls and I have spent the day at the stables, riding, organizing and putting the new carriage together. It came in three packages and had to be screwed together like an Ikea furniture. :D

My husband has given me a very colourful, sweet drink and I'll enjoy that while playing on the net. Ah, Friday evening bliss!

6. Frank

Good evening all. I'm a bit worried today as my hard drive has made two very long, loud beeps. This seems to indicate that it is sick. It's time for a major backup I think :eek:

Current temps: 13 deg C / 55 deg F.

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #143

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good Evening all. Not really evening but I won't be on the computer at that time. We are moving my Mom closer to us. She has been 2 hours west of us for 22 years and since Dad passed years ago and her health is failing she finally realized that moving was the best thing. She will be 15 minutes away and will get to see more of her grandkids and great-grandkids now.

See you wonderful guys and dolls Saturday evening sometime.

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Yes, that's what happens when you get old sometimes but isn't is better for her to be closer and still on her own than in a assisted care or nursing home. I know our oldest son moved his grandma closer to him and when he moved our niece was there to look after things she needed. Now of course she's in a nursing home because she broke her hip three times and they couldn't repair it well enough for her to live alone any longer. dooley

9. Frank

Gooood evening all at GardenStew. The day started off pretty well but has now descended into a rainy puddle-filled evening.

Current temps: 9 deg C / 48 deg F.

Have a fun Friday!

Stew Noticeboard
    - Vote in Caption Competition #144 Poll

10. Droopy

Good evening, it's been cold, wet and windy. The gales and storms are queuing up in the North Sea, all headed for us. We're lighting candles, making hot chocolate and giving the fleece blankets a wash.

I've enjoyed my smallest granddaughter today, and have dug out clothes to give away. The girls grow like weeds, and I really dislike to throw perfectly good clothes in the trash. It's nearly time to put myself in the easy chair to enjoy some light TV entertainment, before an early night. Sleep tight all!

11. Frank

A very good evening all. Since our hour changed yesterday it is completely dark at 5-6 now. Feels weird the first day sure but it will be gotten used to :)

Current temps: 7 deg C / 45 deg F.

Stew Noticeboard
    - Add captions to Caption Competition #145 Poll

12. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Good evening all. Horrendous weather here at the moment. We have had more snow here in the past half an hour than we have had in the last five years!! Hope it doesn't last too long.

13. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Swap you for our gale force winds, hail storms and temps of -2C Gardengirl!! ;) I could do with a little snow to warm things up a bit. :p Well I'd better get back to my cardmaking. 200+ Chrissy cards already made so just under 200 still to go. Thank goodness I have another two weeks before the craft fayre. :rolleyes:

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Horrendous weather here tonight too. I've got a mix of snow AND gale force winds with the temperature hovering around the freezing mark. I really, REALLY miss summer!

15. Frank