Today's Garden

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Jewell, May 3, 2015.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Thanks for the compliments. After several winters of yard tents collapsing we decided to treat hubby to a real shed to protect him from the elements (cigar smoke makes me nauseous :suspicious: and I always wanted a play house:smt045 so it is a bit of win win.)

It is less than 8x8 but is a fun little hang out for hubby and friends year round. I got to furnish and decorate it:smt041. The last two years we've grown scarlet beans for shade inside during summer. The clematis is much prettier. He was outside after work today admiring the flowers and hummingbird checking out the flowers.

2. Jewell

Columbines are doing their thing right now. They self sew every where and I never know what will show up. My favorite first. It placed itself nicely. image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then there are a few things almost forgotten in the front yard. The car parking strip gets poppies. A surprise white one came up this spring. I might try to save some seeds from this mutant wild flower.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

And the last two, alliums and another self sewn biennial. image.jpg

image.jpg

3. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

Looking really good Jewell! Love the colors!

4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi Jewell, That first columbine is a Nora Barlow, isn't it? It looks like it self sowed true to type. Lovely photos. I love your poppy parking strip! (I have columbines & irises on mine.)

Advertisement
  5. Jewell

Thanks Bunkie, I always try not to show the weeds:snicker:

CM, that particular plant is probably from a seed packet. Sjoerd was growing those and I feel in love with them. Went out and got the seed right away. Some of the others are combinations. Unfortunately I never remember where the really nice ones are and "weed" the wrong plants. Your combo of columbine and Iris sounds lovely. The Iris in this parking strip were finished blooming. There are tough old day lilies and some sort of yellow wild sunflower looking perrenials to flower later in the same strip. I never seem to be able to keep the grass out of this area:notworthy: