Useful info regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Apr 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

2. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I was surprised not to see this website https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/ on the list of great websites. Also Michael Osterholm is an infectious disease expert does an amazingly informative weekly podcast on the site. It cuts through all the political garbage. It’s so sad we have become so divided in a time where reason and information is available.

I find everyone here has some truth. If you have the time, listen to Michael Osterholm’s podcasts or interviews on YouTube. Joe Rogan also did a great interview with him. If you interested they are easily found.

Might as well enjoy your time in the 3D world and have fun.
    :sete_018::sete_003::sete_031:

We are all in this together as the world gets smaller ever day. Gardening can keep your feet on the ground and your soul filled with joy if you let it. Enough of the shmoltzy. :whistling:

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    want to get a glimpse at the complexity of the situation here’s an interview with Dr. Jay Bhattacharya who is both a professor of medicine and economist with lots of creditials.

adam.ca and S-H like this.
  4. adam.ca

adam.ca In Flower

Eating well is absolutely essential for good health, and if your body has good health then it is more capable to fight infection and whatnot. that's just common sense. with that said, don't buy snake oil "immune boosters", just eat well.

Jewell and Odif like this.

Advertisement
  5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Eating well and sensibly, (as well as not being stressed or sleep deprived) - Is in itself the ideal immune booster.

So only thing left to do next, is always be practicing good hygiene. Beyond that, if there is anything extra that we all need to do. Is apply social distancing protocols.

In my neighborhood, there is a lady who is a cancer survivor. So she obviously needs to take extra precautions.

But that's not all, over here there is a new twist in the situation. News channels last night reported that authorities have been alerted by the intelligence agencies, that a few Indian agents will soon be trying to spread Coronavirus in all major city centers. So this now adds a new degree of complexity...

adam.ca likes this.
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Some of us who got the Small pox shot never developed the scar...I didn't and over the years each new doctor I had (we moved a lot) would tell me that no scar meant I have a natural immunity to Small Pox.

S-H likes this.
  7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Throughout history, whenever there was a major pandemic, be it smallpox, colera, or the plague (black death) - Society never exactly went back to how they always did things. What I mean is, that after each major pandemic, there was always a permanent change in the culture too.

So I am wondering, what will be the lasting change after this??? Any ideas?

What I am noticing already, is that people have learned that the heavens won't fall when everybody (at least in the white-collar sector) start working from home via the Internet. They still earn the same amount, but end up saving more, (mostly because they are saving on fuel costs).

Also people are not going out shopping as regularly as before. So whenever they do go out now, they buy more each time - Thus getting into volume discounts. Thereby saving some more.

Crime is at an all time low, (globally). Air quality is better than ever before in decades, (no pollution from traffic)...

Unfortunately domestic violence has increased a little in some areas. But this I feel is temporary. Internet trolling has however increased a lot, (which I think is permanent).

In my opinion, money has ALWAYS been the deciding factor for every forced change in society. So now that people are realizing that they actually save more this way, (by working online) - I don't think the majority will want to go back to the old way of doing things.

What is your opinion and observation? I'd really like to know.

Cayuga Morning, Jewell and adam.ca like this.
  8. mart

mart Strong Ash

I think you are correct ! And I think people will think more about food waste ! Just kills me to see what many people toss in the trash when they have plenty ! I am a casserole queen with leftovers !

Jewell, adam.ca and S-H like this.
  9. adam.ca

adam.ca In Flower

regardless of the outcome, we will be talking about "coronavirus" for years to come. and yes I suspect many people will tell their boss "see, working from home is no problem at all, I want to continue to work from home". and many more things will forever change, a new world order is being installed! :D I just hope they don't have us all chipped like bill gates wants to do :eek:

that's crazy! but TBH this sounds more like a fear champion designed to keep people home, rather than an actual threat. how does one go around spreading covid anyway???
    [​IMG]
    lol I can imagine it now, police officers jumping people for coughing and sneezing.

for me it's probably more like 10% of food waste. they say on avg it's like 45% which seems crazy.

Odif likes this.
  10. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Here, judge for yourself...

An irresponsible act of defiance out of frustration from being under lockdown for too long?

Or a deliberate act of terrorism???

11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Another new and I think positive trend is - Doctors and health workers everywhere have now become the new heroes.

Here is an example of a community in US showing appreciation for their Pakistani Dr. Saud Anwar. Who years ago learned medicine at the Agah Khan University Teaching Hospital of Karachi, Pakistan.

Next people in line who are called heroes, are some engineering students who took the initiative of making ventilator parts out of their 3D printers.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/218199...3d-print-ventilators-join-war-covid-19/?amp=1

3rd in line to be called a hero are a few fashion designers in Pakistan. Who immediately started making biohazard protective suits for health workers who are at the front line of the fight against COVID-19.

https://images.dawn.com/news/1184953

Mr. Asim Jofa was the first, (link above). But immediately after him, others also started doing the same. Forgoing their profits, as now is the time to help the nation.

So this is another emerging trend. Where wealthy professional people too have realized - That money isn't everything...

IMG-20200321-WA0003.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  12. adam.ca

adam.ca In Flower

What one might see, is that EVERYONE is taking full advantage of this thing, on a micro level you got people refusing to go to work because they have the sniffles ( which is what the vast majority will experience after getting COVID-19) and on the Macro level you have governments declaring a state of emergency so they can print billions and do mass bail-outs without question. FFS bill gates is using this to push his "chip everyone" idea. meanwhile, the media's rating have never been higher, "everyone tunes in! its the end of the world as we know it! death heros and more death!" giving more validity to both the micro and macro's response.

the crisis is NOT covid, the real crisis is that the world can be set on fire with nothing more than a little covid.

lol, put that in your pipe and smoke it! it's no wonder people are going a little nutty, as shown in your videos above.

I need another beer

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Odif likes this.
  13. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I do not smoke... Never have, never will. Doing so compromises the lungs anyway, (which isn't desirable in an era of a pandemic such as the Coronavirus). :cool:

But I am not going to ask you to quit smoking! :D

carolyn likes this.
  14. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

This is actually very good to know. There should have been more studies carried out about people who have a natural immunity. As there is always a percentage of people like you. But exactly how many? I think nobody bothered to find out at the time...

15. adam.ca

adam.ca In Flower

thanks for allowing me this freedom:stew1: :cool: