Waiting for Sandy to hit us.......

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by waretrop, Oct 29, 2012.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Thanks to all the well wishes and for all the prayers over this last week.

This storm Sandy stopped us in our tracks. I just wish people would prepare more when warned. There is such nonsense going on out there.

I can't believe how badly the coast was hit. They need all our prayers now.

2. waretrop

Well, Sandy has come and gone leaving destruction all over the place, I still have the mums that I cut and brought in the night before. Now my sister still doesn't have electricity in NJ and her boyfriend got his back this morning.

Now we are all preparing for the Noreastern coming through Wednesday to Thursday.They say people like my sister may not have electricity for another month.

Wow, What'll be next.....

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Barb, I am so wanting that nor'easter to miss the East Coast. Y'all have had more than enough weather trouble. Please keep us posted as to your safety and comfort, and also those who are close to you.

4. waretrop

Well, Little Sandy hit us on October 30th. It's confirmed that my sister won't have electric until Thanksgiving. How about that....They don't have the equipment to repair things.

I still have those mums from my yard. They are looking as good as the first day I cut them to save them from Sandy.

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Wow! How do these people survive without electric running water, and shelter? it is not as if most have everyday cookware, washboards, clotheslines, water pots/vats for heating water, cook stoves...etc.etc..or "survival skills" to make do with what we have in these circumstances. Nor are we prepared to do so at a moments notice for an extended length of time. My hope and prayers things get better faster than they are anticipating.

6. waretrop

My sisters boyfriend, they live in their own homes,takes her to a expensive hotel as often as he can for her to take a good shower and feel good. He just got a generator in his house but that's not the same. He is so good to her.

I can't help but to think of the people who can't afford to go to a hotel for that long. Think about he poor people at the shore and NY. This is tough.