Waretrop's Summer Accident

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by waretrop, Jul 12, 2016.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Barb, I just noticed the heading of this post "Waretrop's Summer Accident". I do hope this doesn't mean you plan to have accidents spring, fall, and winter. No, no, you are needed here, not in hospital!:heart:

waretrop and Frank like this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well then, Barb--that was dramatic.
    It is so good to hear that you are recuperating on schedule.
    sorry you didn't let us know earlier--I'da posted a get well card on here.;)

You take her easy and let the healing take its course...but please do come back on here from time to time. I miss you.

waretrop likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sorry to hear about your accident Barb, it sounds nasty! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you to be inactive for that length of time. Sending you healing wishes and a speedy recovery!

waretrop likes this.
  4. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Ohhh wow - all I can add is "MEGA OUCH" and I definitely hope you're on the mend soon with this trip never to be repeated!

waretrop likes this.

Advertisement
  5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Glad to know you are much better now. I can imagine how much it hurt ... "SUPER OUCH!!!"
    Get well quick and take it easy ya! :)

waretrop likes this.
  6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

20160804_091420.jpg

So here is my new hardware. A plate and 8 screws. There are 2 aligned over each other on the right side. Actually things are a little up in the air because the bottom screw on the left, that's the outside ankle, has worked itself out one and a half turns. They may have to go back in there and tighten it or let it go a little longer and then take it out. Just the long bottom screw.. All the rest will stay in there...

I am doing well now. It's 6 weeks or so and have permission to put a little weight on it and my arm. Next week I will begin therapy and I can't wait. I know I won't get allot done this year out in the gardens but I would like to do a little before fall.

Sjoerd and Islandlife like this.
  7. waretrop

Well, It's official. I will be having more surgery in the middle of October. So I will be tied up from June 20th 2016 until sometime in January. They think they need to take out that lower screw on the plate for it may break off or unscrew more as time goes by. I decided it would be better to do this now rather than spring to mess up my next summer...It won't be as bad for there will be no broken bone just a hole across the hole dang thing. I will have to be careful for 1 month.

As for now, I am almost walking with no limp and going to therapy 3 times a week. By the end of the day I have pain so then limp or just don't walk. Keep ice on the ankle with it up 1 foot over my heart...

8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

wow! I somehow missed this picture. I am sorry to hear you need more surgery, but I am so glad it is available to fix the whole mess. Life would have been awful without the surgery, huh?

9. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Oh, OUCH! Mike had one of his screws work out but it was a few years after he had healed and removing it wasn't a problem. Just keep doing what the Dr. says and you'll be back to your normal self soon. I would suggest that you get copies, or disk, of the surgery as the screws can work out years after your totally healed and the screws come in all sizes. It helps a new DR. to know the size of screw used.

10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

OUCH.....sorry to hear this Barb and I am so glad you have your husband to help you with everything. Take care..

11. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

That sounds ghastly. Speedy full recovery Barb.

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Bless your heart, you've had a tough time of it! I do hope the healing progresses well, and that you can do "just a little bit" in your garden this fall. Please, please do not try to do too much.
    If there is heavy lifting or strong gardening to be done, that is why God gave us teen-age boys that will work for minimum wage.

waretrop likes this.
  13. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

OUCH OUCH OUCH - what is it? Sympathy pain? (I've got it)

Do take care of YOU and DO NOTHING!

14. waretrop

I have had that surgery to remove that bottom screw that was working it's way out. The doctor said if he didn't take it out it could break off. He would rather take it out so he would have control.

leg.jpg

leg2.jpg

I did get to save my screw... LOL I will be recovered fully in about 6 or 8 weeks.

Frank and Philip Nulty like this.
  15. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Soooo...you had a screw loose but the doctor fixed it.....:) Hmmmm....you could get a lot of milage with an item like that.

Jerry

Frank, Philip Nulty and carolyn like this.