"Water Ballet"

Discussion in 'Bird' started by Sjoerd, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thank you so much, Gail...better late than never, right? Glad you likerd the posting.
    It is a pity that your birdbaths are just out of sight for you from the house.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Ooooh, lovely photos Sjoerd. :D I'd love to sit there and watch them with you. We won't put up a bird bath as long as our tomcat's with us. He's a very accomplished hunter that brings back seagulls for our enjoyment, so little birds would be like a pre-dinner snack to him. :D I enjoy watching the birds take a bath. At the stables they bath in the puddles, and go for after-bath snacks in the dung pile. :D

Up here they say that when the magpie takes a bath there will be no more rain for a while. Just because of this saying I'd love a birdbath. We've got the magpies already. :D

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Glad you liked those Droopy. Yes, I can imagine that your tomcat would enjoy it if you had a birdbath...he would have the tits for entrée and the magpies for the main course. hahaha

It's hard to imagine a cat that bags a seagull. That must be one bad cat.

You know one option for the magpie bathing proverb is to lie in wait with a gardenhose. ;)

4. Bluewing0

Bluewing0 Seedling

I should look here more often...
    Love the bathing birdie photos and just love your charming cherub bird bath :D

Advertisement