weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gale force winds here but the sun is out too. Managed to get everything tied down before the winds came thankfully.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

LIt's going to be sunny and 82F here today. SMaykbe a little wind this afternoon. That will get rid of some more pollen off that tree. I sweep it up at least twice a day. Dooley

3. contrareeone

contrareeone New Seed

supposed to be 70 today, which is high in the Seattle area for this time of year. Frosty this AM, a full layer of ice on the bird baths.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Heading to 90 this afternoon, really muggy too. Still no rain, but at least we have missed out on the damaging winds that have been hitting west and north of us.

Advertisement
  5. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Rain stopped play , first time in ages , I still managed to get all the flowers and plants I bought yesterday into the ground . The weather forecast last Sunday on Countryfile predicted the rain almost to the hour
    8) Bugs

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Another warm and muggy day ahead for us. Temp around 90 with a humidity level of around 60%.
    Got a quarter of an inch of rain early this morning.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's in the 80's today. A little breezy but I've been outside for an hour water new plants, etc. The flowers in the long bed are coming up nicely. We bought some grass seed for out there but I have to rake rocks first. Dooley

8. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

It was hot, then it rained hard and now its hot again. :rolleyes:

9. eileen

A strange day today. :-? It started off frosty, heated up and the sun came out. Later on it clouded over and rained. It got very windy in the early afternoon then it died down and we had more sun and rain. Ah well that's Scottish weather for you!!! :rolleyes:

10. catkins

catkins Seedling

It was reported to be the hottest day of the year here yesterday!! And where was i ?? at work from 9.00am until 9.30pm!!! Did i get to see the sun?? did i buggar!!! Anyone got any pics of yesterdays sunshine? :D

11. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Great day today , in my shirtsleeves all day . All the cherrys and malus trees are in full bloom . Everything is suddenly green . All my work is up to date (the garden maintenance side of things) I'm starting the Zen garden on Monday and looking forward to it . The client seems a nice type of guy who wants to help out , which is ok by me . It will be hard work with about 10 tons of earth to be removed (its all down a hill ) Unfortunately 5 tons of limestone paving and walling have to be brought back up the same hill :rolleyes: and Bugs is not getting any younger :D
    Its 5.30 Friday evening so I'm off to my office (the pub ) for a few pints of creamy Guinness , see ya
    8) Bugs

12. eileen

The sun has been shining its socks off here today. :-D Back to watering everything with the watering can as the pots dry out soooo quickly. I hope the week-end is going to stay nice as we've decided to paint another dormer window.

13. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Glorious day here in Essex, and little ole me has been so very poorly that I have been housebound all day! GGRR. However, am starting to feel better, just in time for the rain, winds and thunder storms that are forecast for the weekend! Well, I have plants a-plenty that need to get out, so I will be out come what may!

14. eileen

I hope you're feeling better come morning EJ but do try to take it easy over the week-end if at all possible.

Nice to have you back with us again btw. :-D

15. catkins

catkins Seedling

Sorry to hear you have been unwell EJ!
    Its extremely cloudy here this morning, looks like rain, but i think we need it, after just two days of sun, my garden is looking wilted.
    ( why do i have this image of Eileen hanging out of the window painting, with hubby holding on to her ankles??) :D :D :D