weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Thanks Eileen, nice to be back! :) Am feeling better, thank goodness!!

Got out in the garden for a few hours today, but the rain came in around tea time and it has been pelting down ever since! I expect all of my allotment waterbutts will be brimming full!

2. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

It wont stop raining here! But on the good side, everything is blooming or sprouting now! Even my Painted Daisies! They sprouted the day after I sowed them. WOW!

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We have actually been having off and on rain. Sometimes more sound and fury than rain, but the ground is soggy and I like it like that.
    It makes for a wonderful change here.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Teeming with rain here too today so no more painting windows at the moment. I can't get out into the garden either so might do a bit more of my Barn Owl sketch.

Advertisement
  5. catkins

catkins Seedling

Been raining hard here for two days now, on the way home from work, i looked at the ditches that outline our village, they look like they are about to burst.Last year they burst and cut the village off
    :(

6. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Every sunday morning I watch Countryfile for the weeks weather, its usually a very accurate forecast . From the north of Scotland down to the south of England its rain , rain , rain (sorry guys ) today..
    O yeah I forgot to say :D Dublin is bathed in sunshine . A glorius sunny day
    8) Bugs

7. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

All day its looked like rain and so far only a few drops. It was nice with the sun behind the clouds so I got alot of work done outside. Now the sun is out!! HA! And Im done for the day! YAY! Going to a BBQ.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gorgeous weather again today in Malmö, looks like we are getting the summer a little earlier then expected. Suddenly there is sooo much green everywhere. Now how did that happen :D

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's sunny and warm here today. High will be 84F. But, it's already 80 so maybe it will be warmer. I took down all the curtains and DR washed them. Soon they will be ready to rehang. Washed the windows inside but not outside yet. Dooley

10. EJ

Well after a wet dreary start the sun came out and it was a bright and breezy afternoon here in Essex. According to metcheck.com tomorrow in my neck of the woods is going to start bright, but the rain is coming back in. Typical, now I am mended I am off to the allotment for the day. Oh well....better find a rain hat! :)

11. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

It was clear and beautiful the last few days, but turned windy yesterday as the weather changed again - overcast and showery today with more rain expected tomorrow... Thankfully, it was what my seedlings needed, and also what we needed to work on our gravel driveway as we're smoothing it out and it keeps the dust down.

12. EJ

Rained all morning whilst I was at the allotment, got soaked to the skin so decided enough was enough, came home and as I rounded the corner....the sun came out!

13. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

I started work on the Zen garden today (yes I am taking pictures :D ) I was using an electrical jackhammer to knock down a small garden wall and a half hour into the job RAIN RAIN RAIN . water and electricity don't mix well together . It looks like its down for the day.
    8) Bugs

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I am having so much fun being able to say this.......I woke up to rain and ground too soggy to work in again today!!!! Sun is out now, so the "muggy factor" is already making it unbearable for me to be outside.

15. catkins

catkins Seedling

We are on the third day of rain now, its rained ALL day and is still going!