weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It is 90F here in the shade. It's overcast and humid. Thunderstorms are predicted for tonight, tomorrow and Thursday. That is probably what it will be. Thunder, no rain. dooley

2. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its about 100 degrees here today .Its 6:50 pm and its still 94 .We didn't get rain testerday and not looking to good for today .

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Still about 75 and comfy here - light breeze, fluffy clouds and sunny. I want to live outside!

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Primsong, I want to live in Oregon....outside in Oregon, wow that sounds wonderful.
    It is 10 p.m. here and still 91 degrees. I can stand the heat, born and raised in Texas so I can stand the heat, I whine about it but can stand it...but it is the drought that is killing me.

Advertisement
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I feell a bit of a fraud moaning about our weather when you're all getting such high temperatures where you are. :( However, it is now around 22 degreesC here and (remember I live in Scotland) that's waaaay too hot for me. Just not used to heat but it's doing wonders for the garden so I really can't complain. :-D

6. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

It finally rained!! But it just piddled alittle!!! It came down hard for about 20 mins. The ground is wet but by no means soaked. We need a good soaker! Clouds are still out but the sun is starting to peek through. If it does come out, its going to be a hot ,miserible day.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Almost 10 and already 77 degrees, we will probably be in the 100+ temps for the rest of the week.

I did get to water and do some weeding this morning, what little I could do in an hour. We are also under a level Orange air pollution warning for this afternoon, that is half way between breathe and enjoy the fresh air today and breathe the air and die.

Oh, and by the way, no rain.
    :'(

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its going to be another scorcher today .Pray for rain.

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We may actually get the rain predicted. There was thu nder and lightning during the night and some rain. Now it's just cloudy and cool. Dooley

10. Crazy Orchid Lady

Crazy Orchid Lady Seedling

Colorado is breaking records for this time of year. The average should be around high 70's - 80's and we've been AVERAGING 95-100's every day with no help in sight. I was supposed to work at the ranch this weekend but have decided to bail to the mountains where its 10-20 deg. cooler - goin' fishin again!!! I'll try to shoot some pics of the valley where we go, its sooooo beautiful and we always catchs lots of fish - brookies :)

11. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Another great day here in Dublin , temps of around 22 to 27 degrees c. (7 to 80 F) are predicted for today. Because of the heavy rain 2 weeks ago the grass is growing at a phenomenal rate . All the pots on the other hand need plenty of water and dry out pretty fast.
    I was traveling across the country to the west at the weekend and it really looks beautiful at the moment , the Gorse and Heather ,the hawthorn trees are in full bloom , set against the lush green of the new grass it really made a picture of the landscape .

A sea of heather is what I saw
    on a rocky mountain at the break of dawn
    A landscape naked , save for a cloak of purple beauty
    and morning sunrise blazing .

8) Bugs

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Bugs don't make me homesick :) Temps of 13 deg C / 56 deg F in Malmö so not a patch on Irish weather at the moment.

Would have been great weather to celebrate Ireland in the World Cup Bugs. Imagine it - go to the local, order a cool pint of Guinness, sit down and watch with all the other sunburnt fans and rejoice as Ireland sink 10 goals past the opposition...

... except it's never going to happen because we never qualified for the stinking competition :x

13. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

There, there Frank. One day this will be Ireland!!

[​IMG]

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

An Ireland vs Scotland final!!!

(nice graphic :D)

15. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

About 60-65 here and rather grey, we have a heavy thick cloud cover that came in last night but there's not much wind or rain or anything with it..just cloud... Sunbreaks tomorrow though and then back to 'normal' (for us that's fluffy clouds with sun bobbing around in them)

I've heard that sunbreaks are a regional term for us in the Pacific Northwest - is this true? Do your weather reporters and people mention sunbreaks(when the sun is just occasionally peeking through the cloud cover)?

It sounds like you guys are just melting in all that heat over there - if I could send you a few of my clouds, I would! Stay cool...