weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I don't think I have heard the term 'sunbreaks' before Prim. It's perfectly self-explanatory though, I wish they would use it :D

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Nice visual impression Bugs. Dawn is a great time for poetry. DR

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Yesterday was 97...today we are looking at 100. It was aready 80 at 7 this morning, I watered pots and vegies last night, need to set the sprinkler again this morning.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Only one comment to make on the weather here at the moment:

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Eileen, looks like Scotland and the motherland are getting more of the same type of weather then. Notice how Bugs has not been on recently. He says he's working but my guess is that he has melted :smt087

Temperatures in sunny Malmö: 17 deg C / 63 deg F. Nice.

6. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Yesterday I did indeed melt . I was working in a sheltered south facing garden here in Dublin , the temp reached 80 degrees f at one point which is way too hot for me . So I packed in work and had a nice shower , I then sat out in the sun with a chilled bottle of Chardonny and just thought about work , which was much more civilised
    :smt028 Bugs
    Temps today are expected togo to the high 70s

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Well here in Madisonville ,Texas yesterday you would have melted .The bank at 4:55 pm showed 108 degrees.Just to hot here, to do much of anything .Its suppose to be about the same today.We may get some thunderstoms but probably not .It might cool down some if so but the last time my plants scalded.Some still look bad from it.

8. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Still pleasant here... though today it is supposed to reach 80, there's enough cloud cover to keep it from feeling uncomfortable and a little rain coming this week. Spent all of yesterday putting in some new hostas and weeding, very nice for outdoors. So sorry you guys are being hit with so much heat, your poor little plants!

9. glendann

The only weather report here is its still breath takingly hhhhhhhhooooooooooooottttttttttt in this Texas town .LOL

10. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Its so hot out!!!!! We are having a pretty bad drought right now. I just got done soaking my gardens and roses. I think they will thank me for that!

11. Frank

Much too hot in Malmö as well today. And I understand it is even hotter back in Ireland. What's happening :eek: Oh yeah it's almost Summer!

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was 54F here when we got up this morning but it hit 90F today. The fans are working steady now. It's good sleeping weather at night. I think the temperature difference is keeping my tomatoes from setting fruit. There are plenty of flowers. dooley

13. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

HOT and DRY in South Louisiana. Severe drought. I am watering every day. I don't even come in the house when I get home from work. I start the sprinkler and water pots. I sometimes think about giving it all away except enough for one small bed! I have irises to move on my two days off, but it will be right at daylight.

14. glendann

I come home from work after I get off at 11:pm and water .Unless Paul Shanna's brother does it for me.
    We are not haveing any rain here either.Its just so dry and hot but cool at night.

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We have had no rain for almost 2 months. The temps have been hovering around 99 for weeks but when you factor in the humidty, the "feels like" index is well over 100.

I water the vegies and potted plants only now. Got the latest water bill last week and will not open it until I pay it this coming Friday. I water the squash plants for at least 30 minutes every morning and by 3 in the afternoon the leaves are drooping, then I have to wait until after 6 to put the sprinkler on them again because of water restrictions.