weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

It has been around 100deg f here!! It is sooooo hot it is hard to breathe and it feels like the air is burning your lungs!!! You walk outside and immediately start sweating!! We need rain really bad!!! We have been turning on the sprinklers in the evening and I think we should start turning them on in the mornings too!! My plants are doing pretty good despite the heat and drought. We have been making good use of the swimming pool in the late afternoon and evening!!

2. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

It's about 68 here and raining lightly, gentle grey overcast that makes the flowers look luminous. I have all the windows open to listen to the birdsong and the rain as I'm typing... wish you could all escape your ovens and come weed with me!

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Primsong, that sound like heaven to me .Are you sure your at home ? Lol
    This heat is just to much for me this year.

4. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Its another hot dry day here. Im tempted to go try a rain dance! We are need of some serious rain. I am starting to worry about my plants because its so dry.

Advertisement
  5. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Great day today , still in the low seventies . The roses seem to trive in the sunshine , Years ago I decided to only grow red roses ( handy for pressies for Mrs. Bugs :D Yes I am a romantic ! ) I think they look nice against the green of the garden .Very busy with work so no time for any more posts , you guys are keeping busy as far as I can see
    8) Bugs

6. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

So very very hot here in Essex. Other parts of the country had rain today, but we seemed to have missed it. Shame as the ground is so dry and I really don't wanna start watering. I am looking after one of the old boys allotments whilst he is on holiday and if it had rained today, I would be off the hook until the end of the week - instead I will go tomorrow and give everything a good drink. Mind you, the deal was I could help myself to all of his ripe gooseberrys, so I shouldn't complain!

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Upper 90's seems like forever already, a lot warmer than normally for this time of year. Also, still no rain.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've decided that I'm just too Scottish for this weather. I'm just not used to wall to wall sun and high temperatures at all. I think I'm melting!!!
    We haven't had 'real' rain here for almost two weeks and my poor garden is suffering even although I water it at least once a day. :(

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's hot and dry here. There is a bad wildfire east of us about 50 miles. We had one close last week and they evacuated the people from Pine Flats. It burned about 250 acres before they got it out. Dooley

10. i love bugs

Nothing dramatic here in sunny Dublin . The good weather continues .The temps are consistantly in the low 70s f. We have had this for about 3 weeks now and I 've noticed the ground is getting very hard , some trees and shrubs are starting to show some signs of stress .Hope you are all busy little campers.
    8) Bugs

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Weather has cooled slightly here in Malmö but still warm as anything 18 deg C / 64 deg F. Absolutely great 'World Cup in the park' weather :D Bugs did you watch Sweden play last night? For me it was like Ireland vs Germany in 2002 all over again :smt035 What a relief!

12. i love bugs

The good weather continues , a day off today . Mrs. Bugs and I have been sitting out since 7. 30 this morning enjoying the birdsong and are now going to have a full Irish breakfast .
    In the afternoon my 16 year old is playing a football match ( Gaelic )They are in a tough division and although they are still boys most are 6 footers . The last match against the team we are playing today 12 players were booked . No prisoners are taken :D When I see some of the players in the world cup going down so easily they would not stand a chance against our u 16s :D
    8) Bugs

13. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Its raining it its storming the old man is snoring! LOL OK well it did yesterday all day! We soooooooooooooooooooooo needed it.

Everything in my yard (except for roses) looks great!

14. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

It's been raining here this morning!!Yipppeee! Denee you must have done a rain dance for your area and mine!!LOL!
    I'm glad you got a good rain you area needs it sooooo bad and hopefully Cajunbelle's area got the rain too!!!

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's 90F in the shade right now. We went to the flea market today and did okay. It was hot in the sun though. No rain in sight. Dooley