weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

weather

It has been hot and dry here, in the 90's. It was 93 an hour ago but we had a couple of thunder showers and now it is 72. Nice.
    Wannabe

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Nice! I wish we had some rain. Don't need the lightning though. It just starts fires. Dooley

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I awoke to a glorious down fall of rain .Lovely beautiful rain here in south central Texas .I did not believe my eyes at first.Water was standing all over my yard and was still pouring down.My plants looked so refreshed afer it stopped and it was cloudy most of the day and we are now under a thunderstorm watch for tonight.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My yard is entering it's 42nd day with no rain.
    Oh, there were massive thunderstorms that rolled over us last night, some places have gotten between 1-6 inches since Friday night. But not my yard. We did get to hear the promising rumbles of thunder and see a sometimes fantastic lightning show. And we got a heavy sprinkle early Saturday morning that washed the dust off the leaves and took our power out for about an hour. Last night we got another sprinkle that again dusted the leaves but thankfully left the electricity alone.

So this morning begins with a huge, hot ball of fire in the sky and temps still going up to the mid-upper 90's.

Advertisement
  5. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

The temps have dropped again , down to a pleasent mid 60s f .we had light rain for the whole night which was needed and as Glenndan says the plants look really refreshed . Its Fathers day here in Ireland so I'm making the most of it , Mrs. Bugs has the wine on chill in the fridge and a nice piece of roast beef and horseradish (homegrown of course )for later , the kids bought me my favourite sweets (candy ) Gardenstew on a Sunday , great craic .
    8) Bugs

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Happy Father's Day Bugs :D

Temps nice here in Malmö, just perfect actually 22 deg C / 72 deg F. It's Midsommar this Friday in Sweden so let's hope the weather holds up.

7. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

So glad to hear that some of you finally got that rain - and Happy father's day to everyone celebrating it, btw!

Thinly overcast here and in the 60s-70s, but no rain - it's not hot, but it is rather dry so I have to water my babies.

8. glendann

We got another good rain last night and this morning ,It is cool right now but if that sun comes out real hot it can really do damage .I am home today so will grab something to shade them if it does , but I'm told we are to get more of this much needed beloved rain.I will say my prayers are since I'm Indian do a rain dance for all that needs it .

9. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Oh dear - looks like it's finally our turn to bake! It's about 80 today and supposed to hit the 90s tomorrow, then a couple days of 100! 0.o Yikes... I'm giving all my little green friends a good deep soaking before it hits.

10. glendann

It is hot here again in Texas ,Its again time to water daily .I do hope
    we get some more rain soon.

11. toni

Day 47 of no rain is about to end. Not all that hot, just miserably dry, ground is hard as rock.

Randy is going to scalp the backyard this weekend and we are going to spray every inch with the homemade insecticide Poyda posted on Wednesday. Don't know but maybe we can get rid of the spiders. I haven't been out in the back much because I just can't take any more of those blistery bites.

12. dooley

Hot here and humid. It was 95 here at 6pm. No rain until maybe Tuesday. Sky was overcast today but that was due to the wildfire burning between Sedona and Flagstaff. It's in rough backcountry and hard to reach. They've mainly been using helicopters and tankers on the fire and the firemen are trying to make containment swaths around it. Dooley

13. dooley

We had a huge thunder and lightning storm this afternoon with very strong winds. Unfortunately we didn't have any rain with it. We could see rain coming down in the distance, but all we had was light sprinkles. There was a loud kaboom right over the house. Chance was sitting on my feet. In an instance, she was off my feet and up in DR's lap. There were a lot of leaves and small branches down, but nothing major that we could see. I do hope the lightning didn't cause anymore fires. Dooley

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hope you don't get any more fires Dooley.

It's pelting down here in Malmö, but the temperature is still quite nice. You know what that means... yep that's right, thunder. It hasn't been bad though. Actually I quite like it from time to time :D Current temperature 18 deg C / 64 deg F

15. toni

Day 51 of no rain is starting off a bit cooler than usual. Upper 60's overnight, back into the 90's for a high.
    We are having small wildfires inside the city limits around here. Fields along the roads people take to work and throw out their cigaretts instead of putting them in their ashtray.
    And we are coming up on the July 4th celebrations. Even tho most all the cities have a law against setting off fireworks inside the city limits except for the licensed displays, there are always those who believe that they are above the law.......like our neighbors.