weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

It is very hot here in Texas.High 90's to triple digets.We are under a burn ban here .No rain in a while .Watering plants daily .

2. Hank

Hank Seedling

After no rain for 28 days, we finally got a nice soaker Saturday into Sunday. Cool and dreary here today, currently 68.

3. glendann

Oh that sounds so great.

4. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Ack. Heat wave here for us, 101 today. Thankfully it's supposed to go down to the 80s later this week and our clouds will somewhat return. I soaked everybody well before going to bed last night and will probably have to do it again today... Took pity on a couple of the smaller potted plants and just brought them inside, they were baking and drooping so pathetically.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Sunday, we had a thunderstorm with no rain. Monday, we had a thunderstorm with a few sprinkles. Today, we had a thunderstorm with heavy rain. We started for Prescott Valley early because we were going to go to dinner before I went to work and DR was going to take pictures of the building and do some errands. It was thundering and raining when we left but we ran into heavy rain going up. Then, it poured so hard we could hardly see. We had to use our lights thought it was no yet 4 pm. By six o'clock it was moving onward to somewhere else. But, when we got home there were puddles and the ground is soggy. Forecast for the next week. Afternoon thunderstorms. I hope they all have rain. I think it is raining because I put the soaker hose on for the tomatoes and squash on Sunday and forgot it so the ground got a good soaking. So, it didn't need the rain yet. dooley

6. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

The sun is out in full force and no rain in the forecast......again. But its been cool out. Just now I came in from water the garden and from the cool breeze you would think its late fall. For this time of year, I dont think thats a good thing......thats how nasty storms are born.

7. Hank

Hank Seedling

Booming out real good right now. And rain. Hard fast rain. I'll take it. A fella I know says rain is a lot like sex: Don't complain when you get too much. ;) :snicker:

8. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Whew, our heat is passed, at least the triple-digit kind. We're supposed to get up to the 80s still but it's much nicer, all the birds are out again...I think I saved all my new plantings too. Wispy clouds, a little cool breeze. Mmm.

9. glendann

Its still warm here .Just not as warm as usual.High today 92 Low tonight 65 .I'm not sure what is brewing.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We haven't had a triple digit day, at the official weather reporting station that is, since April. Some areas have had them several times.
    Mid-90's this week, the humidity is low for now. But that also means no rain is possible when the humidity is low.

On an interesting historical note for the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. June 26 and 27 in 1980 were the hottest days ever recorded, again officially some outlying cities got much hotter, both days the temp was 113. On June 28, 1980 the temp was only 112. Also that summer we had 69 days of 100+ temps between June 26 and Sept 16 and very little rain until October.

11. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

weather

Thunderstorm last night. Thunderstorms and hail here in Michigan this afternoon. Fortunately not a lot of damage to the flowers - the lillies were hit the hardest and they were just starting to bloom.

Polly

12. KiloWatts

KiloWatts New Seed

Had about a full week of nonstop rain.

Northeastern Pennsylvania is flooding, 12 people have died, and some cities have evacuated.

Philadelphia is okay though.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had thunderstorms Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Some with rain, some without rain. Most with wind and lightning. The clouds are building up with rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Saturday forecast is partly cloudy and Sunday and Monday and Tuesday are forecast for more thunderstorms. it's building up to the summer rainy season. I hope it rains a lot. so far, Mayer has only had a lot of rain on Tuesday and the ground is dry again. dooley

14. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

No rain here! But last night the temps dropped to 64. I had the ac off for the first time in months and the windows open. With the ceiling fan going I had to get open during the night to close the window. I was too cold! I thought it would be a cool day after last night but it isnt...just as hot as yesterday if not hotter.

15. glendann

We had a cool night last night .Its hotter today. Is hot as hadies .It is hotter today than yesterday .Its 3:27 pm and its 102 degrees .That is hot.