weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's waaaay to hot :setc_010:

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

We have had thunderstorm warnings for everyday this week but only one tenth of an inch of rain. It goes all around us. The temps are only in the 80's during the day but it is so humid. We still have to water our plants and trees every day.

3. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Hi to all gardenstewers .you have all been very busy since I was here last . The weather has been generally good here in Ireland , nice and mild with the odd showers last week , I had to take a day off today to rest :D ( to do my own garden , with Mrs. Bugs supervising ) . Last week I completed 3 decent sized landscaping jobs . On Thursday alone I worked in 14 gardens doing maintenance ( a record for me ) I was pretty exhausted but back to the grind tommorrow . I'n doing a 5 metre wide circle of Indian sandstone in a courtyard garden with a circle of french Lavender outside . I think it will look nice .
    8) Bugs

4. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

HI Bugs! I was thinking about you! Glad to see you are having a rest.

Its finally raining! This morning it was very dark out and had some sprinkles(about 630am). Then the sun came out. It got dark again about 745am with alots of thunder and lightening. Weve had quite a few lightning stikes around here. The lights have flickered twice and gone completely out four times only to come back on just about straight away. This last time it took a few mins. I thought we had finally lost the lights for good. But they are on and its coming down out there. The weather man finally got it right! HAHA! Its suppose to rain all day today and tomorrow. Hopeful, it will flood the yard, like last time.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It is cool and cloudy and windy here today. It was hot with thunder yesterday. No rain. I did notice that some things that I had planted that didn't even bother to come up, no matter how much I watered, is coming up after we had those two days of heavy rain last week. I guess if they didn't come up when I watered them, they will probably die when it doesn't rain for awhile. I should start the soaker hose, I think. Dooley

6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

If is hot and overcast. I was very thankful for our rain.

7. Frank

Nice to see you popping in Bugs, you sound MEGA busy. The sandstone circle sounds like a pretty sight. Will you promise to take a pic for us?

Weather is gawwwgeous in Malmö, too warm for my liking. Roll on the Autumn :D

8. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

We had rain today!!! And we have a pretty good chance of rain through to next week!!

9. dooley

We had a big thunderstorm today. It came early in the afternoon. It was in the 80's before it started and went down to 60 in just a few minutes. We got lots of rain. Chance scared it away though. The last big storm was on Thursday last week. That one started the fire near here. It's contained but not out yet. The rain may have helped with it today. I watered everything this morning and put the soaker hoses on in the garden. Guess I wasted the water because it rained a bunch on it anyway. Dooley

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

We got a little more rain not a lot .I didn't have to water .It did wet it that much. I'm glad you got some Dooley.We still need lots .

11. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

Yes we do Glendann it just rains here enough to make it hotter!!!But you are right it saved us from having to water.

12. dooley

It's cloudy and overcast here today. Very dreary. DR says it would have been a good day to stay in bed. It drizzles a little now and then but mostly it's depressing. Dooley

13. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Sounds like our weather today Dooley!! We have a chance of rain all week. We've had a few scattered showers, but not anything to write home about!!LOL!
    The kids our driving us crazy to go jump in the pool but with the overccast and ocassional rumbles of thunder we won't let them jump in!! My theory is better safe than sorry!!!

14. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Its rained off and on for the past two days. Weve gotten over 6 inches of rain. Its overcast today so dont know if its will rain again today or not. My gardens are loving it.

15. Frank

It's been really warm in Malmö for the past week and occasionally cool. Today is 22 deg C / 72 deg F. I'm really not a warm weather person :smt010