weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had another thunderstorm last night and heard there was a tornado in the area. It missed us if there was one. Today will be hot and humid with chance of afternoon/evening thundstorm. That's the forecast for the rest of the week. Dooley

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well, today has hit 106, so far and it could go up a degree or two before the evening cooling... hahahahahaha....scuse me I just couldn't help breaking out into laughter at the word cooling, it is a funny word afterall.
    Anyway, the feels like temp now is 108...that means the humidity level is lower than yesterday.....Big Whoop!!

3. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

96 degrees and humid - fortunately there has been a breeze so you can at least breath outside. I spent most of the day inside either at work or at home.

4. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Still around 80 here, hot but not too hot to go outside and do a bit of clipping and weeding. The scatter of puffy clouds and a breeze make it nice.

Advertisement
  5. toni

The high temp hovered between 104 and 106 in most of the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Same coming tomorrow.
    I just took some paper to the recycle bin in the back room and thought I was going to be squashed by the heat and humidity out there.
    The really scary part is the low last night was only 85 and is supposed to hover in that range for the next few nights.

Today was day #9 in a row of 100+ temps ...I just hope we don't have 60 more days of 100+ ahead of us like the summer of 1980. there were some towns locally that reached 108-110.

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I don't think I could take that heat Toni, and I imagine neither can your plants :( Here's hoping for rain and sub-100 days to come your way!

Weather here in Malmö is quite consistent, 22-25 deg C everyday, no rain. I don't like warm weather, I'm sure of it now. Oh to be running around in the rain splashing in puddles!

7. toni

Gonna be an interesting day. The temp hit 100 at 12:09 this afternoon and we still have 5-6 hours before any evening cooling (hahahaha there's that funny word again) begins.

8. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Toni I hope we all get so relief from the heat soon!! We have had all the heat and humidity also, but our temps haven't been quite as HOT as yours. My plants are suffering soooo much and the hose is not helping at all no matter how much we water!! I know your plants are suffering even more than mine!! Please stay safe when you have to go out in the stiffling heat!!

9. toni

I try to only go out in the late evening to water everything. Besides the plants dying, the heat means our electricity bill is sky high.....last month was $445. Thankfully we have bill averaging so I only had to pay $300 this month, but that average will go up to who knows what by next month.

On a weather related note to keep this as on topic as possible. It is still only 100 with a feels like temp of 104.

10. toni

Yesterday the temp topped out at 107 with a feels like of 109.

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

109 :eek: !!!!!

12. flowie

flowie Seedling

yeahy! we got rain last night! broke the heatwave here in NY. it will only be in the 80s today..
    Lighting was dangerous last night though.... :(

13. toni

Yep and more of the same coming up today. :'(

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It is going to be slightly over 100F here today. We had thunderstorms in the area when we came home at 9 pm last night. We had thunderstorms during the night and early morning. Not much rain, but thunder and lightning. I hope no fires started. I haven't heard this morning. Dooley

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

we are staying in the 90's with heat indexes 105 to 108. A "cold" front is supposed to pass thru here Tjursday night and the high Friday at 85 and on Saturday at 73. Everyone will be out doing yard work then.