weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

It's supposed to get up to the mid-90s here today, and then hotter for a couple after... Oh dear. I'm spending my morning moving the sprinkler from place to place to give the plants a good deep watering before it hits. We've been very blessed up here in the Pacific NW, as so far we've been spared the heatwave that seems to be cooking the rest of the country. Looks like we don't escape it entirely.

Next week I get air conditioning installed... after the heat passes, of course.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Had a cool down yesterday, only reach 102....really quite pleasant....NOT.

Today looks like another 105 -107 day with the heat index (what it feels like) between 110-115.

3. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

For 4 days now we have had temps in the high 20 s ,low 30 s , I'm on day 4 of building a courtyard garden and with the high walls surrounding this garden there is not a breath of air in the place . Every day I come home absolutely shattered . The garden is in full sun for most of the day and for this palefaced Irishman its too much . :D Whats happened to all our lovely Irish rain ?
    8) Bugs

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's cloudy and gray here today. Lots of thunderstorms yesterday. Mostly dribbles today. Very humid and near 101 today. Dooley

Advertisement
  5. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Our weatherman is calling for temps in the high 90s and a 20% chance of rain for the rest of the week. At least our temps have not been as hot as alot of yours,but I seriously doubt we get any of that 20% chance!! Everyone please stay safe in this horrible heat!!

6. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

It's HOT here too. Was 102 Tues, 100 yesterday and suppose to reach 100 today. We may have a cool down to the 90's by the weekend. We still need some
    rain really bad. The sky darkened a little yesterday, and I heard some thunder but nary a drop of rain did I see here. Sounds like its very hot all over. Have a lovely day/evening wherever you are. Marlene

7. toni

Woohooooo, only one more day of 100+ temps, should be around 104 again today and then down into the mid-90's for the next few days. Of course, August is our normally hottest and dryest month so the heat will be back.
    Some scattered showers, nothing more than 1/2 to 1" and then only very few areas with get them....an inch on my yard would be heavenly.

8. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Still hot here too--suppose to be 100 today. Was 78 when I walked this morning at 5:20 a.m.--very muggy. Good news is the weatherman says cooler temps are suppose to be coming in. It might get down to the 90's and even "maybe" high 80's. We are still needing rain --some possibility of a shower this weekend. Maybe I need to go to the rain dance area and ask for more rain dancing to bring it on in here.
    Stay cool. Marlene

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

It hit 118 F in Phoenix,, Arizona today. They are at 1000 feet above sea level. I am glad we are at 4500 feet above sea level. We only hit 105 F.
    DR

10. toni

we only reached 103 today, feels like 105. Very intense heat where the sun shine hits your skin.

11. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Yippee!! It's raining. Hope it rains all night. Hear a little thunder right now. It seems to be coming down pretty good.

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

We have had rain the last three days. Still in the 90's, until today. The high was 76. Now supposed to be high 82 low 59. It sure feels good. Wannabe

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Finally had some rain yesterday that brought out some great smells from everywhere. Today it is business as usual 23 deg C / 73 deg F (I realise that is MUCH lower then the temperatures being reported here)

14. toni

The cool front moved thru early this morning. Brought us clouds and a few popup rain showers, nothing has poppedup over my yard tho. Temp is 84 but much less humid with a light wind out of the north.

15. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Well it didn't rain all last night, but we did get another thundershower later. We just had another shower this morning. It's stopped now but looks like we might get some more. The temp has dropped and only suppose to be in the 80's today--nice relief.