What countries have you set foot in?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

:eek: :eek: :eek: at Capt Kirk. Makes my list look paltry. I know who I'll be asking questions to if I need to go to a new country ;) ;)

2. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Most of those countries I have been to, multiple times. Especially France, Italy,Spain and Greece. Of all the countries I have been to, except for the US, I think my favorite was England. There wasn't much of a language barrier and the people were so friendly! We were encouraged to wear our uniforms when ashore to promote goodwill. I don't know how much goodwill it gave the British people, but it gave us a lot! Going into a pub, we couldn't buy a beer! If you walked in, there would be 8 or 10 beers waiting for you! A sailors dream!!!!!!!!! ;)

3. Mrs_Monarch

Mrs_Monarch New Seed

I have been in the following

US_Live here
    England_ the best 2 weeks of vacation ever!!! (before I got sick and had to come home early! :cry: )
    Ireland_ Airport only! :( Was so sad that it was at night!!! although I did see bunnies hopping along the landing green!!! :)
    Italy_ lived there for 3 months , near Venice....studied art!!! Wonderful!

Sadly, that is it....I wish I could go more places...but right now it is sooooo expensive!!! And my husband is still in College!!! :eek: