What have you done today in the Garden?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

We've had rain off and on both yesterday and today. Yesterday I knew it was supposed to be in the low 40s, high 30s so I went out and picked all the green tomatoes and pulled the plants. The tomatoes are now on a paper bag in the living room and the plants are worm food. It was cold enough yesterday we actually turned on the heat. I guess fall is truly here. I also brought in the cat grass and ginger plants.

Logan likes this.
  2. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Did some more bulb planting yesterday, just the Tulips left now for November.. Geraniums are all trimmed, potted up and snuggled away in the big cold frame.

Potted tender Fuchsias have been moved to a sheltered spot for now before finally being stored in the greenhouse, others are being dug up from the borders and potted up .
    We've Winter proofed the greenhouse with bubble wrap and polystyrene and checked over the big and small coldframes both need a little bit of maintenance before fully stocking up, but nothing major.

Logan likes this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Taken down the hanging baskets and gave all the plants a trim, just put them in the back garden at the moment. Can't do much else because it's raining.