What have you done today in the Garden?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Well we got our 4x12 garden bed all reclaimed worked and planted today. long beans on each end trellis. 6 bell peppers and about half of our usual okra crop cause our second carrot patch is still growing to be replaced with okra later. The cucs are peeking out the ground in the 6x4 box along with the green onions growing so we are gaining on our garden boxes.

Growingpains likes this.
  2. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

13002360_10154162940452710_6414680842310752188_o.jpg 13029445_10154162940802710_2279303250103013877_o.jpg

Heres what Im working on! The front bed is only half weeded, Ill get that done today hopefully. The little corner bed definitely needs to be weeded :)

Sjoerd, toni and Frank like this.
  3. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

it's looking really good and I love the flowers. We are trying to reclaim our yard from winter rainy weeds but its slow going Like Peggy says small steps for big feats:p

4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I emptied six 3 gallon pots a and refreshed the soil. Transplanted starts of Autumn Joy sedum in two of them.

Advertisement
  5. CJay

CJay In Flower

Not a thing was accomplished. It's been raining all day. So I vacuumed then played a few video games and slept.

6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Watered and pruned hanging baskets, transplanted, ran for permits for tomorrows job, took my mom to the eye doctor and burned debris from all the trees we cut down.

7. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Woke wondering what happened to my mini hosta, Bountiful. Found both clumps mainly buried under a decorative pice of drift wood. Transplanted them before heading off to work. Even though I scrubbed my hands and fingernails had to use the clippers to tidy my nails at work. Geeze.... Don't garden before work..

Growingpains likes this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I managed to cut three small bouquets to take to the nursing home tomorrow (had to reach and not step in the flower beds because of the mud!). Fed the hens and tried to convince them it was not my fault that their old coop had standing water and they couldn't get into it, nor into their outside coop (aka swimming pool).
    Did some baking, which isn't gardening, but the next best thing . . . .

Growingpains likes this.
  9. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Cappy, you're really into just about every food known to mankind, aren't you.
    You make the stories and photos come to life.

Today I set out a few short rows of yellow onions, planted beet seeds in a biodegradable egg carton, dug out some invasive Lily of the Valley runners. I think they're pretty, but not all over the flower garden.

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Really decent-looking beds and plants, Bip.
    Well done.

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

The past couple of days, I have been busy.
    The greenhouse needed cleaning and then the chalking applied to limit the sunlight. It is a good type that it white when the weather is dry, but when it rains, the windows become patent...then when again dry--they are white. It is great stuff.
    geest4.jpg

I have also been cleaning -away more ground elder, mowing the grass paths and manicuring the edges...I hope to complete that tomorrow.

I did go out and cover some plants in the lottie--strawbs
    geest2.jpg

and the four blueberry bushes that were blooming.
    geest.jpg
    They look like a group of Caspers. I go out there and remove the fleece during the day and them replace it in the evening.--It's a lot of work, but I DO lurve my fruits.

Tomorrow I hope to do some bird conservation and look in the bee hives...there just aren't enough hours in a day.

Speaking of bees--I noticed that my bees are taking rainwater from the tops of my slug traps.
    geest3.jpg

Frank likes this.
  12. Coppice

Coppice In Flower

I seduced an elf with paella, to finish mowing the lawn that my legs would not carry me to.

13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Trimmed more of the grass path edges.
    Worked in the bees. All the queens were seen and there is lots of pollen and nectar coming in.

carolyn likes this.
  14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

doctor appointments again today for the inlaws. not much happening in the garden.

15. CJay

CJay In Flower

I accomplished nothing today. Well I did turn a lot of oxygen into co2

carolyn likes this.