What tree is this? Answer: Ceodes Umbellifera, (Birdlime Tree, Lettuce Tree, or Pisonia Grandis).

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by S-H, Jul 15, 2020.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

True, this technology has evolved very rapidly in the last couple of years. And so has become very accurate. Initially it was hit or miss, but now there are many apps which really do work excellent. Some can even identify plant health problems, and pests attacking it also. As well as suggest remedies - At the very least it makes us very well informed quickly.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  2. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

It's interesting seeing what grows so far from here, in an entirely different climate. It's like a different world.

Pacnorwest and S-H like this.
  3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yes, it's a beautiful plant which does very well in my hot and salty environment. Which is actually very rare, as my climate is extreme for most plants...

I like this tree because of it's neon green color of big leaves. So in any place it adds a beautiful hue of another shade of lemon-green.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

S-H Green is my fav color and there are way more green colors than I can count. While out in the mountains thru Oregon, Washington , Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Northern California on horseback the grouping of greens in the forests can be overwhelming.

A very thought provoking experience about the color green. I love the colour green, but I can also smell a huge variety of greens from the obvious fresh cut grass signifying summer, elderflower heads, rain on soil , riding thru the forests close to nature in a wide spectrum of light enhancing the greens on the ground, at waist height and above thruout the tallest of trees. There is such a variety of sensory signals from nature that bring the colors even closer.

I’ve have seen some inspirational spaces taken from nature to create safe environments and make us feel safe using a variety of green paint colors . For example the many greens in spaces used in homes and buildings mimic nature. In winters surrounding my home by natures greens there are hundreds of different colors of green that I almost feel inspired to sample every plant leaf in a color album. But then again my aspirations are more than my actual energy abides.

S-H likes this.

Advertisement
  5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

IMG_20240703_065220_673_copy_1008x2296.jpg
    IMG_20240703_065210_493_copy_1008x2296.jpg

Since I've found out what this plant is, I've decided to propagate it. So pretty soon I'll now have a dozen of these trees! Some I'll keep, while the majority I'll gift away. It grows very well from cuttings, with am almost 100% success rate, (if we use rooting hormone on the cuttings, otherwise it's around 80%).

1719972071302_copy_987x1235.jpg

Pacnorwest likes this.