What's Cooking Today

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by cajunbelle, Jul 17, 2006.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Paul and I went to Huntsville to Long John Silvers and I had the Lobster platter and Paul some kind of combo.
    I really enjoyed it all.

2. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Meatload, mashed potatoes and gravy whatever veggie gets pulled out of the cabinet.

3. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Simple pasta for this Sunday night - spent the day decorating so cooking was the last thing on my mind!

4. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Baked macaroni and cheese, stir fried broccolini and chicken breasts cooked with garlic and lemon. 8)

Advertisement
  5. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Another day, another meal. Something different today, don't know what it's called, a customer told me about it and thought I would try it.

Sautee' onions and peppers, add cooked chicken, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 cup colby, and 1 cup monteray jack cheeses. Slice a frech bread in half long ways, scoop out center, put in chicken mixture and bake for 15 minutes. Sounds simple enough. Don't know what I will have with it. forgot to add: put the top of bread on before baking. I actually scooped out both sides and then put them together. Came out really good, I will cook it again.

6. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

tonight red beans and rice

7. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Tonight was last night's leftover hamburger helper.

8. EJ

Home made fish and chips for us. Nice cod in beer batter with lovely pink fur apple potato chips. Might even have a tin of mushy peas to go with it! A nice glass of cold white or a cold beer to wash it down!

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

For supper, some sort of chicken, I think. It's defrosting but I haven't decided what to do with it. I have to work 5:30-9 today.
    This morning I made a raisin spice bundt cake. Dusted it with powdered sugar.(Confectionary) Then, I made zucchini coconut bars. Should have had a cinnamon frosting but since I don't eat frosting I dusted it with powdered sugar mixed with a little cinnamon. They were approved by dr. Then, I mixed up fruitcake cookies and put in the refrigerator. I'll maybe bake some when we get home tonight. I'm thinking I'll make more bar and refrigerator cookies this year. Dooley

10. EJ

I worked all day today, and then daughter number one had karate club after school, so Thursday nights are in and out and in again. So, this is when my trusty slow cooker comes into it's own. Some lovely big hunks of braising steak went in, with water and lots of seasonings and left to cook very gently all day. When I popped home before clubs I added a handful of really meaty mushrooms for me and peeled some spuds for mash. So supper for me was mushrooms cooked in the steaks gravy with a big dollop of buttery mashed potatos - my darling had the steak with mash. YUM!

11. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

DD cooked chicken parmagne[sic}

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Grilled pork steaks, roast potatoes, apple sauce and baby peas for us tonight. :-D

13. englishrose

englishrose Seedling

Hurray the red-headed daughter is home from college and we are making Lasagna.

14. bethie

bethie Young Pine

It always makes me hungry to read this thread. We're grilling out jerked shrimp, marinated mushrooms and onions, red pepper fish fillets and fresh pineapple. Then I'll make some brown rice dish and a salad. We will feast like Kings!

15. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

We did battered fish fillets in the oven bc I worked late and it was Richard's day off from cooking.