What's Cooking Today

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by cajunbelle, Jul 17, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Black eyed peas are good. We have them sometimes. DR really likes them so we should have them more often. We are just having sandwiches tonight. Too hot and humid to cook. Dooley

2. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Finishing up the ears of corn tonight, and giving those green beans a try again. Still using leftover roast and will bbq it tonight.

3. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

My dad made cheeseburgers for all of us!! They were very good!! I'm sooo glad I got a break from the kitchen tonight!! It's way too hot to cook!

4. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

I only cooked breakfast, pork chops, eggs and toast. We ate lunch in town and I ate at a church meeting tonight. I'll have to cook again tomorrow.

Advertisement
  5. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Chicken stir fry last night and chicken salad sandwichs tonight. Delicious.

6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Fried chicken last night, tonight smother fried pork chops with lots of onions, pasta with white cheddar sauce and black eyed peas. Yummy, now I am so full I don't want to go finish cutting grass. I haven't eaten that much at one time in months.

7. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

We had to go to Springfield today so ate lunch in there. Tonight I am supposed to be making Rib eyes, sweet corn and sliced tomatoes. I may add some green beans.

8. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Too hot to cook, so we made a cold layered bean-dip with avocado slices and added a quart of fresh blueberries to go with it on the side.

9. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

Toni,your porkchops sounds really good.Could I get the recipe from you?Like everyone else said it was just to hot to cook here so I just made a quick pot of spaghetti.I'm slow cooking a brisket for tomorrow.

10. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

We grilled out burgers & enjoyed the first of our tomatoes this year sliced up in our sandwiches. Yum!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We had our version of Dr. Who's (Tom Baker version) of sausage sandwiches last night.

Shanna there really isn't a recipe as such for the pork chops. I start with 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a bowl and start adding ketsup and more brown sugar until I have the taste I want and the amount I need for the meat.

Before we got married Randy's one cooked meal (as opposed to sticking frozen shrimp in the deepfryer or spaghettios in a pot) was to make the sauce with brown sugar and mustard, slice a can of Spam, spread it with the sauce and bake it until bubbly and brown. Not all that bad if you like Spam, which we do.

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

We had cereal for breakfast,will have sandwiches for lunch and are going out for supper.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We'll probably go have a sandwich for supper before I go to he library again. Dooley

14. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

My husband is kayaking again and I have Bible study in about a half hour so I think whatever I eat will be late - I may settle for a bowl of ice cream. I spoke too soon. My husband just walked in with pizza.

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It is time to clean out the fridge....it's leftovers tonight. Best thing about leftovers is that I put them all out on the counter and everyone knows that if they see something they want then they can do whatever is required for making it edible...microwave, toaster oven (since my regular oven is on the fritz) or cold, their preferrence.