what's your weather 2024

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Nate77

Nate77 New Seed

Finally some wind , its been trying to storm for an hour , and still struggling to storm.

Oreti and Logan like this.
  2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, sunny intervals and a gentle breeze temp 12c to 22c
    Precipitation 0%
    Sunrise 4.46
    Sunset 21.34

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Light cloud and light winds from the west south west with the sun trying to break through.
    temp 19c feels like 21c

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Full sunshine 21C. :)

Pacnorwest and Nate77 like this.

Advertisement
  5. Nate77

Nate77 New Seed

Heat advisory still in effect :( , it supposed to storm around 7pm ,hopefully it does

Oreti, Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  6. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

We did get some sun but it's gone again, temp 20c feels like 23c
    IMG_20240623_133845_(864_x_1536_pixel).jpg

S-H, Oreti, Pacnorwest and 1 other person like this.
  7. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

As the afternoon has past a few clouds have bubbled up ,but still remains warm.
    Screenshot_20240623-174304.png

S-H and Pacnorwest like this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

IMG_0834.jpeg

There are 15 wildfires now burning in Oregon.

IMG_0835.jpeg

Logan, Nate77, S-H and 1 other person like this.
  9. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Oh gosh, that's so scary. Wishing everyone caught up in them safekeeping.

10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Thank you Oreti. In so many areas in Oregon the trees that surround cities streets and townships are an issue many of us cannot compete . I live next to a woodland with trees as tall as 100’ and thick as thieves. Many of us have used building materials that are fire resistant to prevent our homes from becoming tinder to the hot embers that blow in he winds from the fire storms weather itself as it spreads .

11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

My weather is the same, in fact it's only getting worse. So hot in fact that I almost had a heatstroke...

I had parked my car under the scorching sun in a cloudless sky day. Went to do something, so when I returned it was a little after midday. No shade, or tree a anywhere. So my vehicle had by now become an oven on the inside. Temperature on that particular day was 46°C (115°F) in the shade, (while I had no shade anywhere).

Just then I saw that I had a flat tyre. I tried to fill it up, but the leak was too big, so the air pump couldn't inflate it. Now at that moment I realized that this could very well be a trap. It's not uncommon here for thieves to deflate your tyre. So while you try fixing it, they come with their buddies to rob you at gunpoint. They are mostly after smartphones, plus any other valuable you might have, like a laptop PC. And sure enough, I saw 2 slovenly dressed teenagers lurking around in the distance gazing straight at me. Who for sure looked like they were indeed sons of a truck stop whore, (their joyful grin and body language was symbolic of a very toxic mischief).

Therefore I now knew what was going to happen with me. So I took out my holster (with the weapon and chambered it, then put it back in) then secured it in my waist belt, and made sure they saw me doing that - So they vanished out of my sight very quickly. Such thieves are always looking for an easy target, so when they realized that robbing me wssn't going to be a cakewalk, they decided that it wasn't worth the risk... After which I got to changing the tyre.

The heat was too much, way too much, and no shade anywhere around, plus the asphalt too was sizzling hot. But I jacked up my vintage 4x4, took the flat tyre off, put the spare wheel on, (I use 32 inch army tyres and heavy steel rims, so each tyre is between 80 to a 100 pounds in weight now). And bolted the flat tyre back on the rear of my car. After which I got in and drove off.

I must have sweat out at least half a bucket I swear. I always keep drinking water in my car, (for any emergency). So I drank it. But it too was very hot water. But I drank it anyway, as I now wasn't feeling good. Just then the AC of my car also failed. It was giving me trouble sence over a week. But now it went completely.

But I continued to drive a little more, until I stopped at a grocery store, bought more bottled drinking water, (to drink as well as restock in my car). When I was drinking, I realized that I wasn't feeling full even after consuming a 1.5 liter bottle. It's a very strange feeling which I can't put into words. It's like I knew I had no more space for water inside me, but I wasn't able to quench my thirst.

So realizing that this wasn't normal. I abandoned everything else that I needed to do that day - And simply drove home. Where I showed and rested afterwards. In the evening I realized that I hadn't been to the bathroom since morning, which was unusual. So I went and forced myself, only to see the color of urine was a deep orange...

By next day everything was normal again. But I felt very tired for the entire week. So I think I narrowly escaped a heatstroke.

Mentioning this all here, so others can learn from it. And take precautions whenever the weather is mercilessly hot, and you're outside doing physically laborious work.

Anyway now that I've recovered completely, I'm back to posting here.

Screenshot_20240624-084005.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
    Nate77 likes this.
  12. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

@S-H that was a near miss, but glad that you are alright now.

Good morning all, sunny and a gentle breeze temp 16c to 24c
    Precipitation 0%
    Sunrise 4.47
    Sunset 21.34

Oreti, Pacnorwest and S-H like this.
  13. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

What an awful experience @S-H :eek:, glad to hear that you are OK and are on the mend. Take care.

Another great laundry drying day.:D:like:
    Screenshot_2024-06-24-07-22-58.png

14. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Currently
    Partly Cloudy
    72°F 22°C
    Humidity 73%
    Wind Speed NW 7 mph
    Barometer 29.60 in
    Dewpoint 63°F (17°C)
    Visibility 10.00 mi

15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Light cloud with a chance of the sun coming through from time to time with light winds from the south south west temp 23c feels like 26c.

Oreti and Nate77 like this.