what's your weather 2024

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Currently 23C ( feel like 26C).

2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

IMG_0927.jpeg

Oreti and Logan like this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Sunny and light winds from the south west temp 23c feels like 26c

Pacnorwest and Oreti like this.
  4. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Just in from an evening gardening session, still warm at 22C but the intensity is less making it more workable.:)

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yesterday temperature in the city was +41°C (106°F) - Still no major rain anywhere, (monsoon season delayed), so the heatwave continues... In the news we are seeing that morgues in the city are now starting to fill up to the brim, by heatstroke victims. Still no relief anywhere in sight. Things starting to go from bad to worse daily. Wildlife is miserable too.

This unending heat wave is also making the power grid collapse in many areas. Leading to blackouts. Resulting in water shortage as well. Which is now starting to instigate civil unrest and rioting in the low income localities of the city, (as they get effected first, they also can no longer afford to pay for the exuberant cost of electricity)...

I had seen people go on a rampage because of something political. But never before did I ever see rioting on the account of weather - Infrastructure is now very close to total collapse in some localities.

Screenshot_20240625-070321.jpg
    Screenshot_20240625-070000.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
  6. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, sunny and light winds temp 16c to 26c
    Precipitation 0%
    Sunrise 4.47
    Sunset 21.34

Nate77, Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

S-H very sorry to hear about the many hardships the heat has caused. Power outages is so bad we loose our most important right to live in peace and comfort in our own homes.
    We have our power turned off during wildfire season in close proximity the power is shut off concerns due to elec wires falling causing cross fires that burst up the valley, leaving us with no way to protect our homes , animals . No water . As much as we all try to cope with climate change it’s taken a toll on every country .
    Sending blessings your way.

Nate77, S-H, Logan and 1 other person like this.
  8. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Super day.
    Screenshot_2024-06-25-07-18-05.png

Nate77, Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  9. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze from the east south east temp 25c feels like 28c
    IMG_20240625_112637_(864_x_1536_pixel).jpg

10. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Thanks @Pacnorwest , for understanding. I don't blame anyone for this. As this isn't the fault of any individual. We are all in it together, that's how we got into this mess - So that's how we'll all somehow have to get out of it also, together.

This picture below will give you guys an idea what I experienced as I was driving back home today, (outside air temperature)...

1719320834517_copy_2296x1008.jpg

49.7°C is 121.5°F...

This is what's called the heat island effect. Where the urban concrete jungle starts storing heat. So in the city center, temperatures are around 10°C above what's officially reported.

Government has 2 weather stations in the city. One is at the airport, another at the harbor. So both are in an area with wide open spaces, see picture below, as the red arrows point to both. While in the yellow circle, is the concrete jungle of Karachi city.

This is why the actual temperature in the city is a lot higher than the official reported temperature. Government knows this very well. But are happy to be spreading misinformation - They'll basically do anything that will keep mass panic from spreading. As long as they aren't put on the spot, held accountable, and expected to do something about it now, (at which point they'll only prove themselves to be completely incompetent, like always throughout history)...

Screenshot_20240625-183722.jpg

And this below is from today's newspaper.

Screenshot_20240625-185624.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2024
    Nate77, Oreti, Logan and 1 other person like this.
  11. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

What a terrible sequence of events. Glad you are OK now.

Logan, Pacnorwest, Melody Mc. and 2 others like this.
  12. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Our sunroom heats up to over 100 F. It's too hot for any activity or plants in the summer, except exercise bike in the am before it heats up. But laundry dries great there, and no dust, smoke, or birds to affect it.

13. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Sounds brilliant @Daniel W . That's one thing I'm extremely fussy over.....bonfires!!!! Absolutely detest the smell of smoke on my laundry, I have to re-wash everything if someone has had a sneaky one over in the allotments without giving us and our neighbours an advance warning.

Nate77 and Pacnorwest like this.
  14. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

We've been out all afternoon and boy has it been hot.....by our standards that is.

Still very warm now but a cooling down a tad can be felt.
    Screenshot_2024-06-25-17-05-54.png

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  15. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

We seem to be one of the coolest provinces of Canada right now, and I'm very grateful for that. I had a sneaky frost fog roll in last night. Thankfully I caught it and covered the corn and squash. Only the lower gardens are impacted when this happens. It was 1 C when checked at 3 am. It will a nice 18C today - good weeding weather. A breeze to help keep the blackflies away.

frost fog rolling in.JPG

Nate77, Oreti and Logan like this.