what's your weather 2024

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, light cloud and light winds temp 11c to 17c
    Precipitation 0%
    Sunrise 4.51
    Sunset 21.32

S-H and Oreti like this.
  2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

S-H sending blessings your way and may you stay happy, well cooled and hydrated. Reading the hardships your country is experiencing from weather conditions is hard for anyone to cope . How you doing?

S-H, Logan and Oreti like this.
  3. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

A nice day ahead, perfect for a wander and a spot of sightseeing . We're heading off to a historical city in a neighbouring County today.

Screenshot_20240702-071931.png

Pacnorwest, S-H and Logan like this.
  4. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Keep safe @S-H . We know people in Bandar 'Abbàs and they too struggle on in relentless unbearable heat. I check out their temps everyday and don't know how they cope..

Pacnorwest, S-H and Logan like this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Pacnorwest and S-H like this.
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Thank you all for your kind words. I appropriate it a lot... This below was today's sunset. Day was mostly overcast, so not all that hot, (temperature staying in the mid 30s of C).

1719930271066_copy_2296x1008.jpg

Logan, Pacnorwest and Daniel W like this.
  7. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

IMG_8550.png

Later this week will be challenging.

IMG_8551.jpeg

I have to move my patio container garden away from the house today, so the siding contractor can start work. That will be a challenge. I don't want container plants in fill sun in 100 F weather, and they will need watering at least twice daily.

At least, nights are cool and I have drip irrigation for the tomatoes and peppers. The house retrofits/upgrades will help keeping cool indoors and I have indoor projects to work on.

Hot and dry on July 4th is not good. There will be fireworks and high risk for starting wildfires.

Logan, Pacnorwest and S-H like this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

It is expected to heat up way beyond normal for the PNW to 100.

Daniel it will be a challenge to keep container plants watered. I put most of mine on a smaller system with tiny emitters and on a timer to keep the container plants watered during the next heat wave in just 3 days-100 degree temps…Yikes…
    Now it’s time for all my trees to keep the garden, home cool and save the flowers from wilting. Exciting to hear your replacing the siding on your house. With all your remodels so far you practically have a new house. It’s much easier to do the remodeling in stages than all at once.
    What color type siding? Just curious.. pics …would like to see the before and after. No pressure here. :)

S-H relieved the cyclone has not come your way. And finally relief has come your way from the extreme restless heat wave. :smt041 Now we will be hitting 100 degrees in a couple of days. Temps unheard of for the PNW before global warming.

I can’t believe it’s July already, the professional fireworks shows are held over the Columbia river on barges and any fireworks that leave the ground are illegal in Oregon. I can sit up on my flat top section of the roof and watch them. It’s those few wing-nuts that purchase illegal fireworks that cause a lot of issues in neighborhoods. And put their neighbors at risk. Oregon has already had 13 wildfires just in the last 3 weeks. It is a huge concern. Always brings so much anxiety during summer. Thank goodness for all those brave firefighters. Bless them all.

Also a lot of fireworks are replaced in many cities around the world by hundreds of drones in the sky programmed to make classical designs in the night sky to music. A much safer event.

Sunset last night.
    IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 9:33 PM
    Logan, Oreti and S-H like this.
  9. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

It looks like we will still be roasting over here in Karachi. At least until next week, or until mid July, after which regular rainy monsoon season might start.

Screenshot_20240702-220514.jpg

Logan, Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

It's all about adapting to the weather and to hazards due to wildfire risk, but also upgrade and make the house more comfortable and with minimal energy use if possible. Plus some things are just old and were not good quality to begin with (the siding and the insulation). Most likely the house color will be similar to what is already there, it's paintable Hardieboard (fire resistant fiber cement siding). That and the other changes make the house much more ready for bad events.

Logan, S-H, Oreti and 1 other person like this.
  11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Great Daniel.. your remodeling choices are always amazing and weather conscious. And the best part is all your investments will add much more value and curb appeal.
    Take it easy in the heat temps expected. I have a water bottle, it’s a pump style that once pumped sends out a nice mist that cools me down quickly. I carry it with me everywhere during these heat wave events. I used it a lot out on the trails with the horses in summer. I did a lot of endurance racing on my Arabians.

S-H it seems many of us will be joining you in the weather roast due to climate change. Happy to hear the monsoons coming soon just no flooding….you might think about a mist water bottle too. The mist water bottle can cool body temps down by 60-80% in minutes.

Oreti stay safe too. Looks like July has a lot more heat coming for most of us due to climate change. I’m setting up the misters connected to the water hoses on the porches hanging them on the ceiling frame to keep the container plants cool and safe from the heat that is expected the next few days as be record breaking temps hit us again in Oregon. They help keep the porches /plants cool therefore the house as well. A major plus…

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 8:44 PM
    Logan, S-H and Oreti like this.
  12. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

So very worrying isn't it. :(
    Our temps are taking a dip at the moment and they are below average for July. Have to say down here in the south we are fairing better than most I think, although not on the rain front , I can't even remember when we last had a good downpour, the rest the country seem to be getting a bit every now and then...some people are even complaining that they have had too much wet weather!!! All our 8 water butts are completely dry and our clay ground is rock hard and cracking up.

We just have to try and keep one step ahead of the weather and be as prepared as is possible..... but as we all know the weather is a very fickle element and can change without warning ......keep safe and keep an eye on the sky.:like:

Logan, S-H and Pacnorwest like this.
  13. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Oreti I agree … the weather is as fickle as the rains that never come until the winds throw a wallop thru the clouds.

Logan, S-H and Oreti like this.
  14. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Thanks for the suggestion. But unfortunately, in a high humidity environment such as mine, (so close to the sea), this won't do much to reduce the temperature. As nowadays we are around 90% humidity, (even 100% isn't uncommon).

Oreti, Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, light rain and a gentle breeze temp 11c to 17c
    Precipitation 45%
    Sunrise 4.52
    Sunset 21.31

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.