what's your weather 2024

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

High humidity here too I live near the coast. The pump mister is what was described in my awkward description was meant to cool down body temps Not air temps. Sorry I need to be a bit better with descriptions.
    I just wanted to clarify the misters are to cool down body temps. There are also misters for the patios with fans or batter op hand held misters with fans all designed to cool body temps down. It’s been a life saver for several extremely hot summers.

S-H, Logan and Oreti like this.
  2. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Well it seems like my wish for a few drops of rain has been heard....and we are in for a...'drop' around 11am !! Every little droplet will be put to good use and greatly appreciated by of our garden that 's for sure.:D:like: At the moment we have sunshine.
    Screenshot_2024-07-03-07-23-20.png

S-H, Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Light rain and a moderate breeze from the west south west temp 15c feels like 15c

S-H, Pacnorwest and Oreti like this.
  4. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Well 12:30 now and still quite bright....the rain has lost it's way again. 18C

Logan, S-H and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

No rain....it looks to have skimmed passed us once again, so the laundry has gone on.

Screenshot_2024-07-03-14-38-59.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 10:11 PM
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

What you say is correct. But when the temperatures are around 50°C, which is half way to boiling water, (125°F) - And at that time when the air too is super saturated with moisture, at around 95 to 100% humidity. Than no amount of misting will do anything.

Unless the water getting sprayed is below ambient temperature. Which is not possible here, as we don't have pressured water. Each house here has an overhead tank at the rooftop, from which the house gets running water by gravity feed. And another tank below which is underground, (housing regulations say that you must have 2 such tanks). So in this underground tank you get water for around an hour 3 times a week. So that's your water storage holding tank. You now pump it up into your overhead tank as per your requirements.

Therefore the water temperature too is either at ambient temperature, or hotter if the pipes carrying the water are in direct sunlight, (making theme heat up a lot). So often when we turn on the faucet, we sometimes have to wait a few minutes and let the sizzling hot water pass.

Anyway, below are pictures of my car's radiator hosepipe. Which too burst from pressure, all thanks to the heat, as I was driving with the air conditioning on at full around midday, (the only way one can drive with a little peace of mind nowadays).

Thankfully I keep a basic set of tools and a few spare parts (like fan belts and hosepipes) in the car - As my father taught me since a very early age, to never ever be unprepared while on the road. Otherwise you'll pay for it very dearly... Anyway to my astonishment, I discovered later that there was a minor leak too, (see second picture), which I found when I came back home. So that pipe too, I replaced, along with other parts heat and corrosion had ruined.

IMG_20240704_070526_953_copy_2296x1008.jpg IMG_20240704_070616_772_copy_2296x1008.jpg

Oreti, Jewell and Logan like this.
  7. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Still no rain but dare I say it...pinning all my hopes on Friday as ' they' say we're in for rain for most of the day.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Screenshot_2024-07-04-07-12-04.png

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

9. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Oh my, oh my :eek:,not good at all. Keep very ,very safe out there @Pacnorwest and everyone.

10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Absolutely …. Hoping to stay on top of it and depend on all the trees around the house to help keep the garden and house cool. Couple of fans on standby by.

Oreti, Logan and S-H like this.
  11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Funny, as I'd be so thankful, if my temperatures too were only around 90 to a 100°F - That too only for just a week?

:snicker: :rofl::smt044

Okay, I must be living on the planet Vulcan. As these temperatures are like a walk in the park for me...

Live long and prosper! Now I only require captain James T Kirk to fight a death battle with - And the circle will be complete!

:smt005

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024 at 3:39 PM
    Oreti, Jewell and Logan like this.
  12. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Good morning all, sunny intervals and a gentle breeze temp 9c to 17c
    Precipitation 0%
    Sunrise 4.53
    Sunset 21.31

13. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Logan sounds like a perfect day only 60F .

Logan, Oreti and S-H like this.
  14. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
  15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thanks, yes it wasn't too bad, it was warm when the sun was out.