When do you usually get all your x-mas shopping done by?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by AlphabetSoup, Nov 28, 2007.

1. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

I am just beginning..............

Granddaughter had a first birthday saturday and I spent all my time buying for her ..Now I must do it all again for christmas.......

She was so cute at her party.. have to upload a photo.

barb

2. AlphabetSoup

AlphabetSoup New Seed

Lucky girl has a birthday near Christmas...that means double the gifts! You have less than 2 weeks left bsewnsew, good luck! Do you have a lot to buy for?

3. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Actually .yes..

FOr 4 people yet......

What we do is just put money in a card, where we not sure of...

they mostly give us Money cards to eat..
    I arent worried or in a hurry..

Are you?

barb

Guess having a lil granddaughter is making gift giving different now.. ha ha

4. AlphabetSoup

AlphabetSoup New Seed

I have about 10 people to buy for. I buy both presents and gifts...make it exciting. :) Being doing online shopping mostly and picking up gift cards off the gift racks. I'm all done. Just waiting it out now...:) patiently. :p

Advertisement
  5. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

;o)

:-D
    Alphabet soup.

Guess you know your alphabet pretty well..

6. AlphabetSoup

AlphabetSoup New Seed

Well I try to not get caught up in the malls for last minute shopping. To me, that's suicide to attempt to step inside a mall. Plus picking up a few gift cards from work helped out a bit too. :)

7. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Smart shopper......

I was out today and the food stores were getting the largest crowds.
    Not the regular stores.. Seems like electronics are getting good response.....

Having a good meal and relaxing is a good way to go.
    Why fuss over expensive gifts.

my opinion....

8. AlphabetSoup

AlphabetSoup New Seed

That is true. You don't have to spend a fortune to get a good gift. You can even make up a little gift basket to someone and have it appeal to what they like.

9. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

That's my favorite way to go. Pick a theme and get creative with filling it, keeps me mindful of the person I'm gifting and how they might respond. And something in there is bound to be liked! I just got a last-touch thing to add to my 2 niece's baskets- large-size Hershey bars wrapped in pink with the Disney Princesses on them, so fun and girly and only a buck, how could I resist?
    We don't do expensive either. We pretty much stick with things that say, I am glad you are part of my life. But I do like looking at pretty, wrapped-up packages!

10. devonpete

devonpete Seedling

We stopped buying presents for family a couple of years ago - a mutual agreement situation.
    To some it may smack of Scrooge, but we have found we have just as good a Christmas without the ritual of having to hand each other stuff that is usually superfluous to needs.
    There are no children involved now to watch their merriment at getting a whole load of new toys...if there were it would be different.
    Instead, we give each other small gifts at any time of year, and for any reason.

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Today will be the last day of my shopping. maybe it might be crowded. But I'm counting on it not being too awfully bad with people yet working during the day and the kids in school.So I'm planning on getting out of the stores by late afternoon. My only worry is this late, they might not have what I'm going to look for and I'll have to substitute something in its place.