Why I don't carry my cell phone with me

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Nov 23, 2012.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Cell phones??? I think it is a great tool if used for the right purpose and I hate it when it is abused!!!

2. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

My cell phone goes for rides with me. But if it rings and I'm driving I will not answer. When in the gardens a ringing photo is an invation of my peace and tranquillity. When in the house and it rings I usually can't find it. So needless to say I hate cell phones. I just informed family members NO cell phones Christmas day.The texting thing is out of hand.

3. oubee

oubee In Flower

Hehe you are wise :D I switch mine on during office hours only(8-5- not that I work (am still looking for a job :D) so that very important call might come anytime! Otherwise, at night, whoever needs me has my home number! Switching one's home at night sure sifts through the chitchats and idle smses I hardly care to entertain!

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

My cell phone, which I always have with me, in today's vernacular is a throw-away. My wife and I use them to communicate with each other. If it rings and I can see her, I ignore the call. Each year I get a years worth of time and along with that comes 1000 minutes. The minutes keep piling up, 3600(2.5 days of continuous talking) at last count. The 'house' phones have an answering machine on them. People and relatives leave messages on them. The political season is over and now the phone rings less often. All is quiet and peaceful. Except for the chimney sweeps but I tell them we do not have a chimney……the furnace exits the side of the house. During the winter a lone icicle hangs…….Hmmmm, cell phones to icicles. Time to water the houseplants.

Jerry

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

One day seen a lady taking pictures of steaks in meat market.I was sent there to pick 3 out for cook out.Had to reach in front of her to get them.And The cook I got.I got last 3 rib-eyes.

6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh, Koszta, don't you love the people who park their carts in the middle of the grocery aisle and then jabber away on their phone? I have been so tempted to turn the aisleway into a demolition derby!

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Had lady put her check book down.Had been writing a check. and answered phone And started talking -not worried had 4 people waiting behind her.I said nicely "Do You Mind" Guy told me Thank You