Wish me luck! *surgery on Wednesday

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, May 30, 2014.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

So glad things are better. I have been thinking about you.

2. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I am so glad you are feeling better. Stitches are always irritating, no matter where you have them.

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Next up, surgery to repair a bladder prolapse, and a couple of other related female issues....and no, in consideration of the men on this board, I won't elaborate further! ;)

I'm getting a bit anxious. :( No particular reason, I'm just nervous. The last time I was in a hospital was 40 years ago! when I was in my early 20's.

That was a long time ago. The procedures I've had recently have all been outpatient with "conscious" sedation (even though I didn't FEEL "conscious." Don't remember a thing....one minute I'm watching them syringe something into my IV line, then I blink and it's an hour later and I'm told it's all over.) The anesthesia for this procedure is different and apparently I'm going to be feeling the effects of it for some time after the surgery.

Anyway, I'll be in the hospital for a couple of days, then off work for 10 days after that. No lifting anything heavier than my purse for a month, then limited to 20 pounds for the next month, then back to normal.

And once that's done, all my medical stuff will be taken care of....well, except for the dental, but that will be ongoing for a while longer. But all the cancer's gone so I won't need any more oral surgery for that, we're just continuing restoration.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ronni I'm so glad the cancer has gone but sorry to hear you're going to have to go into hospital. I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of good, healing vibes. Hopefully you'll be fit and healthy come Christmas but until then take care and look after yourself.

Advertisement
  5. waretrop

So glad things are going well with you.

As I said before, very very recently, :D You look goooddd, Sweetie.

Now, here I feel like I can ask you this.

Who is that guy???? :D :D You look splendid together.

6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

LOL! :smt043 Why does it not surprise me that you'd focus on that? :smt054

Barb, he's a very good dance friend. He and his wife have been friends of mine for some time, since I started dancing. Edwina is quite ill, doesn't dance, and spends most of her days in bed, so Tommie and I often partner with each other when there's a dance event. He's a very sweet man, and devoted to his wife. But he loves to dance, as I do, so it's a very workable arrangement and we're both grateful for it.

In case anyone's interested, this is the picture Barb was talking about:

[​IMG]

7. waretrop

Ronni, That is a beautiful story. Bless you all.

XOX

8. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Wow I missed so much of what you went through. So glad you came through it all with flying colors so to speak. Will be praying that nothing else pops up.
    My step dad had to have several skin surgeries to remove the same type of cancer. All gone and doing fine.
    It is wonderful to have friends like that. Happy dancing! :stew1:

9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

<yawn> 4.30 in the morning. Ugh. And I'm not allowed to have coffee!!! :smt089 :smt089 :smt089

Leaving in an hour for the hospital. I'm taking all your prayers and thoughts and good mojo with me, thanks so much for that! Now here's hoping the surgeon has small hands, and doesn't sneeze in the middle of the operation! ;) :stew1:

carolyn likes this.
  10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Prayers sent your way Ronni for steady hands on the surgeon and a fast recovery for you. I hope you will be back to dancing soon.

11. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm a newbie here but have read all the things you have gone through and my thoughts, and prayers are with you for a perfect surgery and a quick recovery.

12. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Wheee! Morphine for the pain! :)

Actually I am in surprisingly little pain. I only hit the button for pain medication a couple of times, and that was really only for my back, because the bed isn't very comfortable.

The surgery went well, there was not a lot of bleeding,, and they're saying they will release me tomorrow morning, YAY!!

13. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Great news Ronni...I am glad things are going well... :-D

I get sick from morphine so I am glad you could tolerate it...

14. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I so glad to hear that everything went well and that you are not in a lot of pain. I hope you heal very quickly and with little pain.

15. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thank you all for your well wishes!

I'm home, alternately snuggled up in bed, on the computer (for brief periods) and snuggling the grand babies (also for brief periods.)

Just took my first heavy duty pain pill...hydromorphone. I wasn't even going to fill the prescription, but my friends who picked me up suggested I get the RX filled anyway, because night times tend to be rougher after surgery. She made a good point.

I've just taken one even though I don't really need it, to see if I'm going to have any reaction. I have, with other RX pain meds, so I figured I'd see what if any reaction this one was going to have while Paige is around to check on me ... just in case.

If I'm good, then at least I know I'll have something to get me through the first night or two if I really need it.

I'm in less pain than I thought I'd be in. Don't know if that's because my pain threshold is just high, or the surgeon was particularly good, or I got misinformation to start out. Regardless, I'm grateful. I'm walking a bit hunched over, and the area both internally and externally throbs a bit. There's an internal incision, and then two other small other small external ones.

For those of you who've had babies vaginally, it sort of feels like that in that first 24 hours after you've given birth. Sore, tender, fragile feeling, the pain spikes at times, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I do that causes those spikes.

All in all, I'm in slightly better shape than I thought I'd be.
    :stew2: