Wish me luck.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

It's a new doctor. I had to find someone else since I moved to the other side of town, and really didn't want to travel an hour to see my old one, who I wasn't that keen on anyway.

The jury's still out on this man. He seems to be a good physician, and certainly I appreciated that he didn't immediately want me to go under the knife, leading me to believe he was more interested in me than dollars, as you so astutely pointed out, MG.

But he's not very personable, or friendly....at least so far. Sort of distant, which doesn't work terribly well for my personality. I tend to be outgoing and chatty, and it would make me more comfortable if I could find a physician who was good at what he did, but ALSO could match or at least respond to my level of friendliness instead of just being taken aback and then sort of shutting down as this man did.

I have another appointment in a couple weeks, for a full physical. I'm overdue. So that gives me another shot to crack through his thick exterior and find the funny, warm guy underneath. :)