your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Saw a great eagle wet and soggy stuck on a piece of ice in the water rescued on the news…:smt041

2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

I hope that he'll be ok.

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Due to her disability with her MS. My wife has good and bad days.

So we've several vacuum cleaner, between mains and lighter battery ones for when life's more difficult for her. But she likes to do what she can, it keeps her going.
    She was finding picking up small bits dropped on the kitchen floor meant she had to go to the cupboard under the stairs and drag out a cleaner. So she'd seen this Shark on a shopping channel and asked me to order it for her. It arrived today, You can use it as it is or detach it from just above the base and plug in a couple of different tools. It'as very light. It sits on a tray and plugs into the charger. We don't use this door, so here it's handy for her and it's not in the way.
    Nothing is ever easy. This socket was a fused switch for one of the PIR lights on the side of the house. But I remembered the cable that supplies it, I buried in the wall, when I rewired the sockets when we had the new kitchen and it plugs into the socket in the cooker box in the cupboard above the oven. So it was no problem to swop it for a switched socket, which I nipped out and bought this afternoon.

[​IMG]

It's a "big brother" for this other small Shark. This is really handy for "crumbing down" the kitchen worktops. Particularly as we have some glass cutting boards with tiny feet and crumbs can get under them and this sucks them out.

[​IMG]

4. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

That's interesting DR. I have contemplated getting one of these, especially as they are supposed not to wrap hairs and cottons etc around the brush. I've been happy enough with my lightweight G tech cleaner which came on the market before this one. and the threads and hair can be a nuisance.
    How does your wife manage this one? Is it as lightweight and easy to use as its advertisement ?
    It would be nice to have one cleaner for upstairs and another for downstairs (as I'm getting on a bit) :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

They are great. I keep three sitting in separate areas of the house. Great for cactus and succlents vacuum the sand and dirt of the plant after a transplant, great at getting those spiders in corners, and mice that get in the car and leave nests , nasty spills… Easy Peasy.
    I agree with DR they are very Handy…

Riley.. Try checkin out the Roomba vac. All automatic. Set to vacuum on a schedule . Easy Peasy.one less thing to clean or worry about.
    See video.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Doghouse Riley and Logan like this.
  6. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

My daughter adopted a cat over Christmas. He has been very good for her, and she for him. He is an imp though and loves to play. I suggested she get him a Roomba....she had already ordered one ( she says to help her allergies...but....:snicker:)

7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Mel… Kittens will keep ya all busy . The roomba will keep the kitty busy for awhile. I lost my kitty a few month ago … he too was an adoptee. He adopted me.. I am generally the only one out in the area all year and he was always dropping by and sitting right in the spot wher I was workin. Took to the vet got all his shots was a great mouser gopher catcher but kept all the birds away. He would not come to me at night to bring in the house for safe keeping. I don’t know what happened to him I am always hoping he is in another good home somewhere.

We adopted several kitties from the Feral kitty assoc. they are all vet checked and shots..they dropped them off in the barn and said they would stay in the barn . Well a few days later they were gone. Cats are great at keeping squirrels away too. Will have to adopt another one soon.. still a bit hesitant.

Melody Mc., Doghouse Riley and Logan like this.
  8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Pacnorwest that's a shame about your kitties, a few have lost cats around here not sure if they get found.
    When i was growing up there used to be a mom cat sort of semi wild, she would go house to house and stay at each one for a while. She came to ours and had 2 litters,she stayed inside and then suddenly she was off to another house. We kept one of her kittens and he stayed.

9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

what a warm hearted story. Animals are amazing creatures. I have learned so much from the many I have loved over the years.sometimes ya wonder who nurturing who?

Melody Mc. and Logan like this.
  10. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes i know about the nurturing with our goldies and thanks.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Golden Giggles…

Doghouse Riley and Logan like this.
  12. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

I watch these on YouTube

13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

DR i hope your both keeping ok and i was laughing reading your post, as i'm as bad as your wife regarding hoovers lol
    Got an henry industrial, then another in the cupboard and recently purchased another off Amazon ;) i get through hoovers like mad.

Melody Mc., Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  14. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

She finds it much easier. It's very light.
    It's just for bits that drop on the kitchen floor when she's preparing food. Or for me, if I've dragged in something when I come through the front door.

It's handy where it is, saves going to the cupboard under the stairs and dragging out a big cleaner. It sits on a tray and re-charges itself, which is good, as there's only 16 minutes battery life. It uses the same type of battery as the mini vac, for which we have a spare. But neither are in use for more than two or three minutes at a time.

We bought it from QVC at the beginning of the month when it was on offer for £135. It's £195 now. It might be cheaper elsewhere. The spare battery would have been extra, but we didn't need one.

Here's the video.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  15. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I have been assembling a small wood stove. I think in the winter it might do for a greenhouse heater since we are so warm with few cold spells. I imagine it full of candles then, but mostly it is to be used for my bbq smoker habit since I have so much free wood around here.